The new 'offer' is a joke right?

I suppose it is simpler to change the DAW

In the past, I was able to update to Cubase 9 and 9.5 for 40% Off – $59.99. I hope this offer comes around again. Loyal customers really should have been included in Steinberg’s “30-year birthday bash” for Cubase. It’s not just a joke, it’s an insult to those who have helped propel their Cubase ship to success.

I also have received 40% Off offers from CCLI.com for qualifying Steinberg products. Alas, updates are not included.

I did write to Steinberg Support yesterday when this birthday celebration offer hit my mailbox. No response so far:

_Subject: Cubase 30th anniversary sale not for me. I’m sad.

Dear Steinberg,

I received this happy/sad news today:
\

Cubase is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year
Unfortunately we cannot invite you all to join us for a party…

Sad because I’ve been hoping and waiting for another 40% Off on updates offer like I received for Cubase 9 and 9.5. You are leaving your faithful customers in the parking lot outside the party room.

Any words of hope for me? I would like to update from 9.5 to 10.

Have a great day.

Richard Schletty_

We just want a slice of the cake, as in now! We’ve been licking our lips, but only getting to look at it :unamused: :laughing:

Freebies would be nice, maybe a credit for a free upgrade, say from 9.5 to 10 or 10 to 10.5 when it comes out. Only because it’s a 30 year anniversary, it’s like SB has invited their Facebook friends to the party, but forgot the family! :laughing:

Are you ashamed of the family SB? :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn, the Halion 30% is only for full versions too. I really wanted to upgrade…

This is the INBDF in action

The assertion that current customers are excluded is incorrect. Current owners can buy a second license for half-price, a very common forum request.

This cynical asnswer from a mod is an insult to long time users as big as the Absolute upgrade price

Hi all,
Updates and upgrades will be included soon. Here are all details:

There’s nothing cynical about it. Conversely, a statement such as the title of this topic fits the definition quite accurately.

Matthias has now answered the complaints and questions on the topic, and hopefully the negativity can decrease.

Thanks to Matthias and the Steinberg/Cubase team for jumping on this and getting it done right.

hasn’t answered my complaints or questions?

“family first” - that’s the definition of cynical

Well thats good to celebrate ALL now the Anniversary event with same terms. Thanks for this ))

I was OK with it either way, but it’s a nice gesture from Steinberg. Thanks. :sunglasses:

…if only this had been been accompanied by an announcement that Artist (& Pro) could use a softElicenser, I’d be first in line to jump on this. Or in a pinch, that Elements was getting side-chaining :slight_smile: But still keeping fingers crossed that a regular Pro update will be discounted. That one I’ll grab.

Edit: Pro 10 upgrade indeed grabbed. Great move, Steinberg :slight_smile:

Now, if only I could find an incentive to also upgrade to Artist or Elements for the mobile system… (Artist has stuff that I want, but uses the dongle, while the things Elements offers over AI is pointless for me. Sidechaining would win me over, though.)

r,
j,

Why not as a token of thanks,appreciation and to celebrate the anniversary of Cubase

Offer a refund and free upgrade to Cubase Pro,for those (me included )already done so in the past 12 months,
And a sweet deals on all products and new upcoming versions :smiley:

I too realise that Steinberg need to attract new customers,but at the same time,need to award its loyal customer fanbase.

Lot of people ,(like me) produce music as a hobby and it does work out expensive when purchasing or upgrading,when you don’t make money out of making music

DIdnt read the whole thread but i can clearly understand how it looks… For sure its a good thing that this offer attracts people that uses other DAW’s today casue a bigger user base can only be a good thing. But then again… What about long time users… Users that buy the upgrades when they are released, Even doin some “Beta” testing on the way, supporting a good product for year after year. Will we ever get a break for doing so?

Throwing 30% discount for Dorico or some other products is almost an insult. Even more so when you pay the same price no matter what version you have. I left Native Instruments cause i thought it really sucked with their updrade policy on Komplete. Steinberg has pretty much the same one. Buy it and then skip it for a decade and then buy an upgrade if you need it… Sure no one forces us to buy every versions long as it runs on your system and for sure i could have skipped a few versions but yeah, i just want to know i have the best possible tool at my dispocal. So i upgrade…

But yeah, it would be so nice to get something back at least one time… it could even be a GA pack etc or a event ticket that you could use for something in the store… just something… cause if you already bought all the stuff you need, then 30 or even 50% of something you dont need is just not a very nice way to “celebrate” anything…

Maybe im wrong but the offer to crossgrade to Nuendo was really nice… BUT giving up Cubase in the future wasnt an option. Now users with other DAWs can crossgrade and then continue to use it if they like, updrade to next version and so on? Thats an easy jump… How about leaving the option open to continue to use both Cubase and Nuendo if you crossgrade as a real celebration…

If you missed it: Celebrate Cubase’s 30th anniversary with us by saving 50% on all Cubase 10 full versions, updates and upgrades - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Thank you Steinberg for listening. I am, for the first time, a Pro user. Excellent!

I upgraded from Elements to Pro, paid the 40% off only to get the exact same features I already had… What kind of sale is this?!?

Did you download and install Cubase Pro?

@ Matthias_Quellmann

Thanks for your replies. After reading everything and seeing how many users like myself have supported and some since ATARI 1024ST days, I think what is being asked may be simpler still.

I think a ‘loyalty’ program of some sort might be what is requested.
For example, if someone has done 5 full upgrades or more in as many years, they are entitled to the next one free… or something like that.
Sort of like the coffee card you probably get at the coffee shop. You buy so many coffees and the fifth or tenth one is free.
I think the issue is loyalty, not necessarily denying the natural business model of getting new users to support you.
Cheers.
:slight_smile: