Registration/download access error: X kein AC

Hi all I have bought a sealed cubase pro from amazon and upon attempting to redeem access code from the license redemption card I get the following error from www.steinberg.net/gettingstarted

X kein AC

then nothing happens.

Have I been sold a previously redeemed code or something else?

All characters are entered correctly. I also tried without hyphens. and then I o’s swapped with 0’s.

all I get is: X kein AC

Any ideas to help out please guys?

You have to get and set up a USB eLicencer first.

Hiya thank you for the reply, I have already downloaded the softelicenser control software then I used that to register the hardware usb dongle included within the software packaging. The usb dongle is fully registered to my account but as before, entering the code as per license redemption card gives out the X kein AC error then nothing happens.
Is there something else I am missing please?

Thank you!

Same problem here ! If you find any solution, please let us know :wink:

I don’t know what else to tell you other than contact support. Sorry.

I have the same problem, I’ve tried to contact Steinberg yesterday but they referred me to this forum.

Have exactly the same thing, “kein AC” error, when trying to enter Download Access Code of just bought “crossgrade to cubase 10 pro” pack. Tried to use different accounts - nothing changes…

Hey, teebeefree, have you found a soulution for this “X kein AC” error? I’ve just purchased a new Cubase 10 Pro at Thomann and experience the same problem. Hmm…

Hi there, I have exactly the same problem. Received today my boxed Pro 10 version. Entering the download acces code gives out X kein AC.
I did sent a request to Steinberg Support because this is quite annoying. I’m waiting for an answer.

Hi,

Today I have got this error message from multiple customers. Might be, there is an error on the server.

same problem here

Same here on code emailed from US online vendor

I tried inputting a wrong code at www.steinberg.net/gettingstarted and it gave a more specific error code: this download code does not exist. -404

What does kein AC even mean?!

some kind of error where the codes need activating steinberg server side?

if you bought a sealed cubase pro, that means you got in the cubase box a usb dongle also. The license is inside this. You dont have to do anything else, just plug the dongle in a usb port.
I suppose you got also an activation code which is of no use as you have already have cubase pre-activated in the usb dongle inside the sealed box you bought. All you have to do is simple register the usb dongle in your steinberg account.
The download is independent from any code itself, or elicense or whatever. you just run the download program and thats all. Just be sure you gave admin rights to the download manager

Ah ok…thank you very much for your reply I feel im closer to using audio warp!! I just couldn’t see any licenses from the usb showing up in the elicense software in the right hand side of the license pane. Nor were there any visible licenses in my registered products in my steinberg account. I get this after registering usb license:

Your eLicenser with the number 1xxxxx2 4xxxxxB was successfully registered.

Currently, there is no valid Steinberg product license found on this eLicenser.

When the usb dongle is highlighted, Synchrosoft license pane to the right of the GUI reads:

All Applications

Steinberg, Non-movable, Remaining time, 25h

then hovering over it I get a message that says Limited license (might expire)

So do I just download a trial from steinberg and then the usb dongle included in the packaging will facilitate full functionality?

Same issue here with Cubase Pro 10 crossgrade. USB e-licenser is registered in my account. The download access code is giving the error “kein AC” and I cannot get the license key until I have entered the DAC. Downloaded the 30 day trial while I find a way to fix this. Looking at other posts, this could be a server issue?

No. This is not going to work.
There are no pre-installed licenses on the stick. This must be downloaded. But that does not work.
Have the same problem with the error message “kein AC” which is German and means no activation code.
Therefore, think this is a license server bug and hopefully will be solved on Monday by the support.
Have until then the trial version with the activation code installed.

This is false. I also got the sealed Pro 10 Box and the the dongle is empty. License needs to be activated with the Download Access Code provided in the box. Maybe it used to be different. I don’t know.

Then your product you bought its not valid. Ask for a full refound.
The license is ALWAYS inside the dongle and you should see that when you launch the elicenser program

Hello! I have the same message with Crossgrade Version. X kein AC