the crappy new GUI of Cubase 10 (yes, it's only a rant)

I’ve been using Cubase since 6, and this is the very first update I wasn’t excited about. The new UI was the only reason why I didn’t upgrade right away. But with their 50% anniversary sale, I figured I’d go for it, mainly because of Variaudio3. When I first opened 10, my eyes were assaulted by the high contrast Hub, and it was only downhill from there. Fonts are too big and take up space. Big frames around elements. Transport control simply looks like a toy. I set up my windows to show the same components as I had in 9.5, and in some cases had to remove some because they took up too much room. After working in 10 for a few hours, my eyes were quite tired. Side by side, 9.5 is so much easier on the eye and much more refined - it was much easier to scan the screen and find what you need. 10 looks like it’s meant for children.

I’ll be sticking to 9.5 for now (at least I can use the new sound content in 9.5). I really hope they’ll make tweaks to the UI to make it easier on the eyes, otherwise there’ll be little reason for me to upgrade.