Cubase/Dorico Integration?

Hi Thurisaz

Thanks for your post.

You can not request that the Score Editor to resemble another software.
They are simply designed differently, each with their strengths and weak points

Overture is a great DAW-like notation software, nicely designed and easy to use with lots of well-thought-out settings.
Sorry but the same applies to Cubase Score Editor.

New design? not really necessary, the design of the Score Editor is OK and consistent with the rest of Cubase. But why not?

Tons of improvements?
Totally agree. Tons, Always…

The Expressions in Overture is very well designed, excellent, I agree.
The Expression Maps in Cubase is also extremely powerful, though it hasn’t been improved since its integration.
But Ironically, I cannot use expressions in Overture, because for example, I need to send mutiple Controllers for each expression, and that is not possible. In Cubase you can set output mapping without limitations. So you see, conversely, Overture is unfortunately “useless” for me, due to this particular case.

Sorry I don’t understand what you describe so I won’t comment.

Don Williams has been doing a great job for years, I completely agree (I even used his Encore before Score Editor). As to whether Michael Michaelis would have something to learn from him, I don’t know, as he too has been doing a great job for over 25 years on the Score Editor.
For the rest, I woudldn’t want to be rapped on the knuckles by -steve- for hijacking more this thread which is about Dorico integration into Cubase and I will reply to your other thread about the Score Editor more specifically. :wink:
My apologies to the OP but it’s impossible to talk about Dorico/Cubase integration without talking about the currenlty integrated scoring feature in Cubase.