Stream Deck macro keypad

Stream Deck XL is available from amazon.co.uk on 11 June. I was considering buying the 5x3 Stream Deck, but will wait for Stream Deck XL as the larger number of keys will be useful for my uses (Dorico, also Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Cloud applications). The caption of one of the Amazon pictures says, in French(!), that it has a removable cable, which appears to be USB-C at the Stream Deck end. It has a removable non-folding stand that attaches with magnets. The unit itself is slightly tilted and the cable slot is recessed, so you can use it without the stand.

There is more detail in this YouTube video. The presenter mentions that the XL has higher resolution displays in the keys, which suggests graphics might need to be reworked.

I wonder if Stream Deck XL works with 5x3 Stream Deck profiles until such time as profiles are updated for the 8x4 layout.

This is the product I have been waiting for. I had considered buying a programmable keypad for my desk in the past, but decided the relative inflexibility even with the use of AutoHotKey didn’t justify the cost. I toyed with the original Stream Deck, but 5x3 was really too small. 8x4 seems perfect for my uses.