Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
vampke

Re: Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Post by vampke »

Ok, so after a few weeks of messing around and finally getting things to work again, this licensing thing has popped up again!
Again I can no longer use my device and again I get no help.

The licensing software no just crashes and generates an unhandled error (which is a sign of bad programming!)
Why anyone would make it so hard on paying customers is beyond me.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp »

That was probably caused by a Windows update. Please uninstall the eLicenser Control Center, then install the eLicenser Installation Helper at the bottom of this page:
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... is-missing

Then reactivate your license again.

Before running the eLicenser Installation Helper, make sure that your Cubase license is registered to your MySteinberg account.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

lynx

Post by lynx »

Hi everyone,
Perhaps this has been posted before, but I wasn't able to find a solution for my problems. I've received a Cubase LE licence included with a Zoom and I installed it on my Macbook pro. It worked alright and I was able to activate the licence (or at least it says it is activated on the 'My steinberg' site). After a while, however, I reinstalled the system so naturally I had to reinstall Cubase as well, but now I cannot seem to get it working. When I try to run it, the program prompts me to start a licence activation, but neither soft e-licencer or the activation code listed on My Steinberg account don't work. If I try to enter an activation licence by using eLicencer Control Center, the program "knows" that this is the code that activates the cubase, but when I press 'Download Licence' it says that the activation code has been used already. Then I tried reactivating the Software through 'my steinberg' page but again to no avail.
I should also mention that I cannot even access 'My support' - when I press 'my requests' it sends me back to login page, I log back in and try the same again and the same happens.

Is there something I can do to make cubase work again?

kind regards

tolgaunsun

Post by tolgaunsun »

Same problem in here :(

Zoom H5
imac 10.13.6 high sierra

please help

jcbase

Post by jcbase »

Hi,

I bought a Yamaha MG10xu that came with an activation code for free CubaseAi. I repeatedly registered at steinberg.net/getcubaseai (required) and rec'd reply that I'd get activation email. No activation email has ever been rec'd. I've checked my spam/junk folder but nothing. I was able to register for this forum, but not for the the getcubaseai registration. Can you help?

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

Hi..
i have 2 Ai licences on my soft elicenser,Ai4 and Ai9,i just bought upgrade to Ai10 and i want to upgrade the Ai4 license and move the Ai9 to "my steinberg" account to use it on other laptop i will have in few weeks, is it possible ?
anyway i want to upgrade the Ai4 license so i dont want accidently upgrade the Ai9 and stuck with the old Ai4 :D
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

Maxim-Valaam

Post by Maxim-Valaam »

Good day!

I have 2 versions of Cubase AI running on my laptop: Cubase 7 AI and Cubase 9.5 AI. Both were free additions to my Zoom and Yamaha products. Now I want to deinstall Cubase 7 AI from my laptop and install it on my desktop. Is it possible? And what should I do?

b4usleep

Post by b4usleep »

Hello,
i have purchased a new ALESIS core1 inline USB audio interface included software Cubase LE. i have downloaded cubase software by using included serial number. Created Steinberg account. I got my activation code by email. But when i start the activation i got the message "this activation code already used" and activation failed. Is there anything to solve this situation. Thank you for your time. PS i can send any proof about the product. including bill, pictures, software download instruction card or serial number etc.

jetpackkittens

Post by jetpackkittens »

If I don't use Cubase for a long period of time the elicenser always makes me reactivate it. It has happened to me multiple times. And it is super inconvenient if I don't have any internet access. Is there a way to disable this crap so I don't have to keep reactivating it all the time? I went on vacation and decided to record for once. Guess what... couldn't use Cubase... in the woods. No internet. Can't reactivate. Can someone explain why this is happening?

It's DUMB.

Burtasov_Denis_1964

Re: Regestration software "Cubase 10 AI"

Post by Burtasov_Denis_1964 »

Hello! I purchased a Steinberg ur 12 sound card. Then downloaded from the website of the Steinberg Cubase AI 10. Downloaded elicenser, launched software the licensing centre, it entered a "Download access cod", which was taken from the document "Cubase AI download information", applied to the ur12. Received in response to the activation code. Enter it. And now the licensing center shows that I am the owner of the license for Cubase 10 AI. Next I downloaded and ran Cubase 10 AI on my computer. Tried to make the registration of Cubase AI 10. But it brings me back to the program of the licensing center, where it is written that there is a license. As a result, I do not understand, my Cubase 10 AI is registered or not? It seems to be Yes, but why then the program Cubase 10 AI is not lost menu item "Registration". Please explain!

Burtasov_Denis_1964

Post by Burtasov_Denis_1964 »

ello! VSTi Halion Sonic SE is assigned to the instrumental track. In the inspector window, you can see this in the "Instrument" field. When I try to select a specific instrumental timbre in the "programs" field, the "Location tree" window appears and below the "filters"window. When you click on the image folder named "Halion Sonic SE" at the bottom of the window "filters" for a short time there is a tree of timbres (samples) and then disappears, it is not fixed on the screen and as a result, I can not choose to work the desired timbre. I don't know what the reason is. Impossible to work. Laptop parameters: Windows 8.1; CPU - Intel Core i3-4030U 1.9 GHz (64 - bit), RAM - 12G, built-in video card, video resolution at maximum - 1366x768. Help, please !!!

yasmine sabbagh

Post by yasmine sabbagh »

hello, I have changed my windows and couldn't reactivate cubase.
I downloaded a new spft E licenser and registered it in my account and couldn't activate cubase.
I also can't find the product key on my account nor on the soft e licenser. I think i deleted it by mistake from my account.
I tried all the solutions to reactivate w re-register and i contacted steinberg in germany but still I can't find the solution to the problem.
thank you.

midijay

Post by midijay »

hi, i buyed a yamaha modx and i want use cubase ai.
i got a code for download, try to downoad but i still have the same error : Security Error #2FG0..and i can't download it.
i have opened a ticket for assistance 4 days ago, but i don't get any answer.
any help here?
thanks in advance

4rcade

Post by 4rcade »

hey, today i bought a lexicon alpha recording studio and with it came an access code for cubase le, but when i tried to enter it, an error pops with "Kein AC". i tried to search this error and i found someone some time ago who said that it was a server error. can someone help me please!???

tomash27

Post by tomash27 »

Hi! I have a steinberg Ur44 that came with cubase 8 le AI. I have no problem with it but recently i've reinstalled my windows 10 on a new disk (old one stop working) and after reinstalling cubase and e licenser, it keep saying that my previous licences have expired and they have been disabled because it's validity couldn't be ckeched. I've already try reinstalling cubase and e-licenser but still the same problem. Also, i bought the upgrade to cubase AI 10 using the promo code that appears on steinberg page but, because I can't activate Cubase 8, also can't make the upgrade to Cubase AI 10. Any suggestions on how to solve these problems? Thanks. Tomás.

RossR

Post by RossR »

HI, I'll try to explain my cubase ai 9.5 registration problem.
I have purchased ur22 about year ago with cubase ai download "voucher" inside.
I installed it and everything was o.k. till I had troubles with OS and formatted my HD, and of course all data erased.
Entered to "my steinberg" and downloaded cubase ai 9.5 again, installed it but I have troubles with registration.
I do not have a previously installed soft e-license key number and severity of the situation is I had not registered the soft e-license key.
Where can I get an activation number? recovered or new...

Support <info(at)steinberg.net> did not answer to my two inquiries

Thanks

Led00

Post by Led00 »

Can someone explain me what is the next step?

I have downloaded and entered all of the activation codes. My steinberg page shows everything is registered and active and I have a liscenced version of Cubase AI. It doesn't say which one. When I click on download button, it downloads the Steinberg download assistant, not the actual software. How to get to download the actual software and how do I know which Cubase AI is it? Thanks

SelwoodScribe_1

Post by SelwoodScribe_1 »

Another free software with hardware purchase gripe. I've just bought a Zoom recorder and have been trying to download the Steinberg software that came free with it; i.e. Cubase LE & Wavelab LE. I've done everything required - eLincenser Control Centre (what the actual...whose terrible idea was that?), activation codes, Download Assistant (another terrible idea) - the whole nine yards.

After about three hours of circular clicking, swearing at my computer, completely unhelpful help topics and a complete lack of any tangible support, I've made it to the point where I was ready to open the Download Assistant, only to have it crash before it could open. Every. Single. Bloody. Time.

This has to be the most complicated and least successful software download I've ever experienced. You guys could make this much simpler you know.

Anyway, are there any known (legal) work-arounds for getting access to these pieces of software? I'm on a Macbook AIr running OS 14.4 (Mojave).

SelwoodScribe_1

Post by SelwoodScribe_1 »

Does anyone actually monitor this forum? I ask because there don't seem to be all that many responses from moderators or actual Steinberg support crew...

oliver07

Post by oliver07 »

SelwoodScribe_1 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 am
Does anyone actually monitor this forum? I ask because there don't seem to be all that many responses from moderators or actual Steinberg support crew...
Yea it seems pretty much dead. I´ve tried to seek help here but ppl just asking and nobody answers. I found that best forums to get answers is Cubase forums in Facebook.
Cubase 10.5.20
WaveLab 10.0.3
OS Mojave 10.14.6
iMac 27-inch Late 2009, 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 Gb 1333 MHz DDR3
Presonus Firestudio Project

SiO2

Post by SiO2 »

Hi. I bought UR22C a mounth ago and installed cubase AI. Unfortunately my SSD was 4 years old and started to die. Turned out that eLicenser failed to synchronize activation codes with my account, I had no clue it even should had been registered in the first place. So when I reinstalled my system on fresh SSD, I found myself without any access to Steinberg software. Also any attempt to actually download CubaseAI via /getcubaseai link end up with
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource."
error. immediately after I enter my login and password. Please help.

PS even now, in newest windows and latest eLicenser it was impossible register it automatically. Only manual code copy-paste worked.

dobermann103

Post by dobermann103 »

Hi I have cubase 10.0.40 and i download Cubase_LE_AI_Elements_10.5.10_Update_Installer_win.exe(10.5.12 had not yet come out). I I installed this, but I get the message that I don't have an upgradeable license and enter the key usb. My cubase it does not have the licens key usb. Please help me. I have e-mail with activation code receved by steinberg. Do I have to install the update or is it no free update?

Jolyon

Post by Jolyon »

Hopefully someone can help.
I recently upgraded to Cubase Elements 10.5 on my iMac. However i wish to keep using Elements 7 on my MacBook.

How do i get the old license for cubase 7 back onto my MacBook and keep the 10.5 license on my iMac? When I try to get a new activation code it says there are no products listed this e - licenser and the old activation code won't work again.
I hope that makes sense!?

Thank you

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,
Jolyon wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:40 pm
I recently upgraded to Cubase Elements 10.5 on my iMac. However i wish to keep using Elements 7 on my MacBook.

How do i get the old license for cubase 7 back onto my MacBook and keep the 10.5 license on my iMac?
You upgraded your license, so still you are owner of 1 license only. The only one way to use Cubase at 2 computers is to transfer the license to the USB-eLicenser. Then where do you plug the USB-eLicenser to, you can start Cubase.

With Cubase Elements 10.5 license you can start Cubase Elements 7 too.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

matttk

Post by matttk »

Hi, I have just bought a secondhand but completely as new Alesis Core 1, bundled with Cubase LE of course, except the Cubase information card that should be with it has gone missing. The previous owner assures me that they got it for Christmas and have never used it or downloaded the software, and now I would really like to but unfortunately can't. Is there any way of obtaining the necessary information if I provide the serial number of the Alesis or any other details?

Thank you in advance,

Matt

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”