Monitoring during recording in Cubase 10

Hello guys, thanks for responding.
What I want to do is to have the monitor button(the little icon speaker) engaged and still be able to listen what is already written on that track.
I tried everything, all different monitoring modes but I cannot achieve that.
A practical example:
I have inside the studio the vocalist who he has already recorded from bar no1 until bar no8.
Now, he asks me to listen to his recorded track and at bar no5 to punch in to make a correction.
But he wants in the same time that he is listening the previous bars(no1 to no5) to he be able to listen his live voice in order to sing together with his playback voice and find the same mood until the time that we will punch in to record on bar no5.
This is a very common task in my daily workflow and in the other DAWs I mentioned before, this is a default procedure on monitoring.
I know that I could monitor the live inputs from the dsp mixer of my sound card, but this is something that I don’t want because 1) Each time I record live a group, I’ll have to manage with one more mixer and 2nd) I will not use the amazing functionality of the control room of Cubase.
It seems that what I want is not possible in Cubase - I had the hope that maybe there was a “secret” preference for this.

*A different and perhaps easiest example is: an audio track to have the same behaviour as an instrument track in terms of when you have (e.g.) a midi piano instrument track and you want to record on top of that by adding some more notes, you can listen the already prerecorded track and in the same time the live piano from your keyboard. Simple as that.