Is 4K there yet?

Are you referring to 4K or 8K?

If 4K, my 2 TCL 49" 4K TVs together cost the same as EACH of the four 30" 2560x1600 Dell monitors I used to have, but have the same number of pixels as the 4 of them. Bargain!! 43" 4K TCLs are now at AU$495 from many shops. My 30" Dells were AU$1500 at the time.
SOK-MUS.Inverted-T_monitor_setup_cropped.2009-09-01.jpg
If one wants flexibility in layouts, 4K is much better than multiple lower-res monitors, especially for the tracks window. Plenty of people use 4K TVs as monitors. Just have to see the plethora of chat going on in various forums since 4Ks became cheap years ago, not just music ones.

I used to have a 4K TV as the main monitor and one Dell HD touchscreen either side for controls (inputs, etc).
SOK-MUS.Studio-speaker_layout.small.2014-07-09.jpg
8K will offer a working area similar to mixing desks. When they make it to Surface Hubs, with multi-touch screen, then some serious audio uses become possible. Of course, they will cost, but then their cost will come down as more people get on board, as with 4K TVs, where FHD is becoming suitable only for small TVs.

Better is a value judgement that each person makes for themselves, and according to their own preferences, so spending money on a 4k (or 8k) may be a ‘better’ component choice for some than buying ‘better’ computer monitors or other studio equipment.