Performance Test C 10.0.20 vs Logic Pro 10.4.5 vs Studio One 4.5

The point you made about needing to run multiple drives is a strong recommendation from a technical standpoint when RECORDING higher quantities of input sources, that’s why Avid etc. recommend it.

That’s why I said unless you’re using high quantity input interfaces that the advice for Pro Tools sensibly applies, please try to understand. Halting playback is one thing, breaks in recording is far more damaging for a professional wanting to minimise downtime and errors.

Multiple drives isn’t just about recording, your wrong there also. It’s about breaking up the data flow load, so you can have samples coming from one disk, recording going on another and your OS and programs doing what they need to do.

Then show me at what point a single drive gets overloaded then, as you seem to think this is such a necessity to break ‘the data flow’, I’ll start you off:-

Average budget drive runs at approx 400MB/sec.
16 bit 44k audio @ 176k/sec = 2,272 tracks

You must have some seriously big projects to be making these ‘ridiculous’ remarks so flippantly?. Loading two audio tracks is not a massive strain on the bus, stop being lead by fallacies that you’ve read somewhere and passing it off as your own expert advice.

So appreciate if you could back these claims up with some objective facts, instead of your childish little assumptions as below…

You don’t seem to understand much about music recording.

Clearly not, maybe an expert such as yourself cares to enlighten me further with these ‘data flow loads’ and why iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini and Laptop users MUST use an external thunderbolt/USB3 drive or else they face problems? Because this is big news for many (currently) happy users!

I’ve only had 25+ years experience as a (failed :confused: ) musician, audio hardware service agent and audio app developer, so I’m all ears for you to explain the three drive requirement from a factual basis, and not just internet hearsay.