Performance Test C 10.0.20 vs Logic Pro 10.4.5 vs Studio One 4.5

Jeez are you about 12 or something? Why the personal attacks, that’s just sad mate. Have some perspective, this is a two waveform audio test. The drive should not be tested in such a way, as shown with the results from other DAWs. You can see by their meters. Or is Logic not ‘pro’ enough?

The track counts you are dealing with could be done on a single drive (depending on which kontakt libraries you’re running of course) they’re not large projects, i have multiple machines here for servicing, and I’ll run a similar test to show you what the disk I/O meter says on a single 7200 system running an i5 4xxx, i suspect it won’t even be at 25%.

And yes of course It’s a good idea to run multiples if you can (I run RAID storage across 8x 15k SAS drives), but it’s not a necessity as you claim in the context of this thread, not when linked to a test that involves such little disk requirement to lead you into making your ‘this thread is ridiculous’ statements.

There’s such a large chunk of people running standalone iMacs, Mac mini’s and MacBook Pro’s without additional drives who hit CPU bottleneck way before I/O. Even the Cubase hangouts and demonstrations come from single drive MacBooks which are streaming video at the same time! I’ve even demonstrated drive speeds vs data requirements and the amount of headroom available. Plus I use a single 7200 machine on the road and it’s never once fallen down on I/O despite the times I’ve cooked it live.

But all I get back is childish personal attacks on my integrity/intellect and a tale of what happened to you ‘once upon a time’, back it up with some facts if you’re going to promote how necessary it is to have 3 drives to load up two waveforms in a DAW. The only sample library in use is groove agent and that will be preloaded into memory. I would love to see some objectivity here and not more hearsay.