Welcome SpectraLayers!

Dear Forum Members,

we are very pleased to welcome a new member to the Steinberg product family: SpectraLayers Pro 6.

SpectraLayers is a new approach to audio editing, with new concepts to transform the way you work. For the first time you can directly edit spectral data, opening advanced sonic worlds, and use innovative enhancements to traditional techniques. Visualize audio in astonishing new ways — including 3D, work with mixes as if they were tracks and integrate all of these abilities into your DAW and other tools.

Some of the key features in SpectraLayers are:

• Surgical and intuitive spectral editing with 25 real-time tools
• Advanced Selection Engine
• Selection-based effects
• The only visual transformation system for sound
• Tracks, Regions and Clips separated as Layers
• ARA 2 and AAX compatibility
• Integration of other audio editors, such as WaveLab or iZotope RX
• 12 remappable surround channels
• 2D and 3D visualization of the Spectrogram
• Native restoration effects, spectral noise reduction and reverb removal

And to welcome SpectraLayers into the Steinberg family, we are offering an introduction discount of 50% to all our customers until August 31, 2019.

Visit the SpectraLayers product page to find out more about this amazing audio editor and everything you can do with it.

All the best,

HUGE!

That’s the sickest thing I’ve seen in years!
Saw the videos on youtube first and I was just screaming with my hand over my mouth haha!
I had to google it and now I know more but …
I nnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeed to …

The web site is has very good pictures but no actual audio examples that I could find.
What does it offer sonicaly that I cant do with wavelab?
Is there a demo?
What about elicencer requirements ?

Hippo

all good questions :slight_smile:

How do owners of the Magix versions of SpectralLayers upgrade to SL6? Magix doesn’t use e-Licenser.

-e

the upgrade prices are in the store… im guessing by entering your previous serial.

[Removed]

why would you want to stack your editing like that anyways?

Create New Duplicate Track Version, bounce your VariAudio edit, then ARA2 Spectralayers to clean up, bounce that, then you will be back at your regular Cubase editor.

[Removed]

If you have to do all that mucking about I think i`ll stick with wavelab for my spectral editing tasks, it works very well for pops, hisss breath control, ambient noise removal, squeaky chair noises etc and is integrated just as well in practice it seems.

Hippo

I need a demo before proceed with the purchase

I just went through the usual purchase process, activated the license using the code, downloaded the installer and that was it … it didn’t ask for any serial number, so perhaps the installer detects it automatically (I have the Magix SL already installed on this machine).

You might see if there is a demo of SL5. It’s not ara2 compatible, just standalone, but that will give you an idea as the basics of the program.

I’ve just bought it, but - as already seen with Melodyne - in Cubase I’ve been forced to lower the audio processing resolution from 64bit float to 32bit float, otherwise Spectralayers didn’t allow to hear the audio while editing. And it’s impossible to edit without monitoring what you’re doing.

It’s a standalone application too. The ARA2 feature is new to both SpectraLayers and Cubase, so I’d advise getting familiar with the standalone application first.

I’m sure Steinberg will provide a demo soon (which will probably require a USB-eLicenser), but a free demo of SL5 is still available from the Magix website.

Tried the free demo

This program seems to have been around for a decade or so.

Sold on to this owner and that.

Personally, I’ve never heard of it until today, but as more of an industry standard person that’s not surprising.

It’s fun stuff but what use is it really?
It reminds me of the hovercraft, brilliant idea, great technically no doubt but a solution looking for a problem in the end.

In all that time no really killer examples of any thing specific that can’t be done in another way.

No examples of actual hi art stuff made possible because of it.

No breakthrough scientific stuff.

In the end it ended up as audio program that is being sold on its graphics?

Desperation?

It’s very attractive, very clever, must be of some use commercially and/ or artistically, but?

I await the expert video showing the audio examples that are day to day useful.

After 10 years there should be thousands in this innovative creative community.

I hope Steinberg can crack this really commercial “hovercraft” problem where so many failed in the past.

Hippo

Steinberg user since 1984

Where did you get the demo?

Isn’t that because we don’t have ARA yet? I thought spectral layers was going to rely on ARA integration or has the Cubase update dropped too?