Notes missing in midi editor after overdubbing

Hi,

I’m new to Cubasis so maybe I’ve missed something but I’m not used to this behavior with other daw.
I was trying to record a midi track with one of the drum presets from Micro Sonic.
I first recorded the kick and snare and stopped the recording. The notes appeared in the track view and in the editor (visible after double clicking on the midi track)
Then I wanted to record a ride cymbal in the same track.
After the recording, I can listen that the notes have been added to the track and I can see all the notes in the track view but when i open the editor view, the previous notes (C1 and D1) are not shown in the editor view. Is that normal? Is there any way to see all the notes for editing?

I have tried on 2 different iPads and the problem was reproducible.

Thanks for your help :smiley:

iPads: iPad Pro 2017 10.5 and iPad Air 2
IOS version: 12.3.1

Hi Christophe VA,

Thanks for your message.

You’ve probably created new events, when adding the cymbal via new recording to the same track.
You can easily check this, by moving the event to the right. In this case, the previous event should appear below it.

These are the steps to combine multiple events into one:

• Tap “SELECT”
  • Tap and hold next to the event and move your finger above the event
  • Tap “GLUE”

Once the events are glued into one part, you should see all MIDI notes in the MIDI editor when double tapping the event.

Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your answer.

It works but is there any way to glue the new recorded event automatically? Should be nice as a setting for example.

If i want to record my drums in several steps (record/stop/listen/record/stop/listen,…) in the same 4 bars loop, I find it annoying to have to select the events to glue them manually if I know that they should be part of the same track.

Is there an events explorer? For example if I have played kick as event 1, snare as event 2, hi hat as event 3 but I am not satisfied with my snare (event 2) and I want to modify it. How can I do that? How can I select my second recorded event only in a quick way?

Best,
Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your message.

It works but is there any way to glue the new recorded event automatically?

Individual events per cycle support several use cases:

• Trying to come up with the best performance, you’re easily able to review event by event once recording has completed, to choose the best match
  • If you make a mistake while recording, quickly erase the particular event or make an edit in the editor
  • Let’s assume you want to split a drum recording into several parts to route the drum instruments to discrete channels

As opposed to this, glueing MIDI events into one part should be super quick and easy.

Is there an events explorer? For example if I have played kick as event 1, snare as event 2, hi hat as event 3 but I am not satisfied with my snare (event 2) and I want to modify it. How can I do that? How can I select my second recorded event only in a quick way?

Please double tap on the particular MIDI event to open it in the MIDI editor.
In addition, it might be helpful to take a look at our available MIDI editor improvements tutorial.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars