AAF Import of Stereo Interleaved Files: Problem

Hello,

So back to an old topic here. I’m really surprised and frustrated that it has not been fixed. From N2-N7 it’s still the same.

N7 brings in AAF’s as mono, but is unable to take dual mono tracks and place them onto a stereo track like Pro Tools does. This feature is great because it allows me to clean up the editors horrible music edits quickly and efficiently. In Nuendo I have to use 2 mono tracks, group the Left and the Right ( which takes a long time for TV and Films ) and then correct the music, etc etc etc.

Now, your work around is the convert files command. Ok, but that doesn’t work very well when I have to fix all the music edits first in dual mono with grouped regions. it’s a total waste of time. Also the convert files isn’t working here on edited music in the project window. I’m on N 7.0.35 on OSX 10.9.5. It does work from the Audio Pool though. Useless for edited regions…

I do hope you have some other work around I’m not aware of. Am I missing something here?

Also, can you PLEASE finally fix this in the next patch. It’s been over 10 years and this still doesn’t work right.

Thank you for your time

Greg R.