Key Editor: Edit CCs & vel on multiple tracks simultaneously

I can’t remember what I was thinking then. But I think whatever it was was wrong! :blush:

Hi Folks,

Is it possible now?
Being able to edit multiple midi CC events for selected midi tracks at once would be great. Reaper has it.

Hi,

You can edit multiple MIDI CCs for selected track at once, but you can’t edit MIDI CCs of multiple tracks at once.

How do you edit multiple MIDI CCs for selected track at once?

I guess, I know how to do this for modulation for multiple midi/instrument tracks at the same time.

Hi,

I’m sorry, bad wording…

You can show multiple MIDI CCs at once and then you can edit them one by one on a one view. But you cannot draw two curves at the same time.

It is OK. I was actually very surprised.

Included in the feature request poll, so vote up.

Synchronisation of editing cc data between multiple vsti/midi tracks

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1
I need this all the time when editing modulation for divisi parts as a rough first global edit. But can’t do it now. Sad :frowning:

1 Like

+1 Really need this when recording divisi strings and want to edit the modulation for all of them at the same time. Right now I have to delete all but one midipart that has the same data, and then alt+shift and drag them back to to where they where. That will copy the midipart and then I can select only one part to edit midi ccs and all the other tracks will follow.

There is a command to “convert to real copy” that I can use to make the parts independent again after editing. But why isn´t there a command to convert the midi parts to shared copies? if they are all exactly the same, that should be no problem. That would make it so much faster!

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1 as well - can’t believe this hasn’t made it into version 11 (or maybe if it has it is not intuitive to me :frowning: )

1 Like

+1
This is makes revisions incredible time-consuming when working on film scores

1 Like

+1
I’m looking forward to this feature

1 Like

+1 for editing cc’s on multiple tracks at once

1 Like

+1 Please, this is my number one feature request! I’d like it just like how we can edit multiple notes at the same time. This would be such a huge time saver…

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far away, we could do this.
I await this with great impatience.
I’m not far from changing daw just for that :joy:

Any news as to whether this might someday be implemented?

1 Like

This feature will literally save hours of time on dynamics updating across tracks for virtual instruments. Reaper has this by default and it’s the one critical feature I miss after switching to cubase.

I get the feeling that this feature is consistently never implemented since the first requirement is to have the software stack fundamentally understand a bulk midi edit which means multiple midi tracks are “active” for editing at once. If the backend is all written assuming one active midi view at a time, there might be a massive code overhaul to implement.

My response to that to hopefully have them add it sooner is this: please don’t interpret this support as needing an ideal multi-edit functionality. If all that was added to cubase was a button / macro which when pressed, copies all highlighted CC data from the current active midi track to the other selected midi events in the editor within the same time window, that is enough. The code to add that support should be trivial as it is offline processing and doesn’t effect how the user interacts with the editor. Please consider adding this.

1 Like

Is this feature still not implemented in Cubase 13?