Please let us freeze and unfreeze multiple tracks-and access freeze with macros

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
mbira

Please let us freeze and unfreeze multiple tracks-and access freeze with macros

Post by mbira » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Freezing really needs to be much more efficient in Cubase. As projects get larger, I spend half of my time freezing and unfreezing individual tracks.

I generally want to limit feature requests to one thing, but there are a few really important things about freezing so I am including them here:

1.We need to be able to freeze multiple tracks at once.
2.We need to be able to unfreeze multiple (and all) tracks at once-this is huge as flattening arranger track doesn't work if there is a frozen track and then you are stuck hunting around for individual frozen tracks. Also, cubase lets you move several tracks at once but if you have one that is nested in a folder and frozen and you move all the tracks, the frozen track doesn't move and you may not notice. Let us unfreeze all tracks.
3. Give us access to freeze/unfreeze in key commands. Then we can create macros to-for example-select all instruments in a "Drum" folder and freeze/unfreeze.
Cubase Pro - usually the latest version | Cubase Elements (because of the damn dongle) | Wavelab Pro | Dorico 2 Pro | Halion 6 | Laptop: Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 G RAM, OS 10.10| Studio computer: 2012 12 core Mac Pro Tower 64 G RAM | PC Slave i7 8920 running VEP6 | Apollo 16 Firewire

jmgotsoul

Re: Please let us freeze and unfreeze multiple tracks-and access freeze with macros

Post by jmgotsoul » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:46 am

This is much needed functionality. I'm coming from Pro Tools. While Pro Tools came to the freeze/unfreeze party late it's a much better implementation. You can easily freeze/unfreeze multiple tracks at once and you can choose up to which insert you want included in the freeze. Cubase needs to step up!

+1
Composer / Music Producer | https://www.julianmusicprod.com | @julianmusicprod | Cubase Pro 10 | Mac Pro, 2 x 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 128 GB RAM, 3 x 2 TB SSD SATA, OS 10.12 | Avid HD I/O

In_Stereo

Re: Please let us freeze and unfreeze multiple tracks-and access freeze with macros

Post by In_Stereo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:51 pm

+1 Yes PT is very much ahead in the freeze game, in this way. I miss it being in Cubase now, is a noticeable boon to speed and workflow.
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, Mojave 10.14.5, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

Shantheman

Post by Shantheman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Love the idea. a freeze all would be great. that way i can just walk away and grab a snake, instead of babysitting each one till its done.

Codex

Post by Codex » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm

+1 For a "Freeze All" function.

Me any my friend regularly exchange project files to work on them. However he has different softsynths and VSTi than I have so a "freze all" would be huge time-saver" because frozen tracks are played correctly even if the original synth is not there anymore.
It would also be a great feature to archive our tracks. You never know if you still have all VSTis when you open up that track half a year later...
Externe Hardware: Steinberg MR816, Maschine mk3, Steinberg UR242, MIDIFace4x4, CC121, CMC-QC, KONTROL S88 Masterkeyboard, Roland JV1080, dbx 166A Kompressor, S100 MultiFX
VSTi: Nexus, VPS Avenger, EastWest Composer Collection, NI Komplete 12, Vienna SE, RealGuitar, RealLPC, Alchemy, Z3TA 2+, xln Addictive Drums 2, Firebird2, ABL2, ERA II Medieval Legends
VST: FabFilter, MeldaProductions, Vengeance Plugins, SoundToys 5, Melodyne Studio 4, SPL, ArtsAcoustic Reverb, SIR2, zPlane Elastique Pitch, SugarBytes Artillery, Tone2 Filerbank 3, Voxengo Elephant & VariSat, iZotope Production Suite 2, Waves Gold Bundle, Amplitube 4 MAX
Abhöre: Genelec 1029A + 1031A, Mikrophon: Rode NT1000, Shure SM58

pondwalden

Post by pondwalden » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:05 am

Yes!!! I've been asking for this feature since 2012!!!
We need a "Freeze All Selected" feature...or at least be able to access the feature using a key command or logical editor so we can program macros.

***Freeze and Render accomplish very different things (similar to Freeze and Commit in Pro Tools) and affect workflow very differently. I use both, but we REALLY need the Freeze functionality to be automatable.

The bottom line is there is no way to access freeze in Cubase right now except clicking each VSTi track individually, manually clicking the freeze button, waiting for the process, and then moving onto the next one. HUGE time suck currently.

It would be FABULOUS to have it work similar to Pro Tools where you can just select the tracks you want to freeze, hold shift+opt and click the freeze button. Then step away for a minute while it cranks through the whole session. And then the reverse functionality for Unfreeze.
But I'd take even just "freeze track" to show up in the assignable key commands..

Pretty Please :)

jmichelcoutu

Post by jmichelcoutu » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Cubase? Steinberg? Still waiting for this.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”