N10 - Frequent eLicensor Control errors

Me too.

Installed N10 Demo on a completely fresh OS 10.13.6 install and I keep getting “USB Licenser error change ports”. I have always run the licenser on a powered USB 3 hub no problems. On this install it is flakey on a USB Hub and a USB Port on a thunderbolt dock. Getting it directly into a computer port is hard due to other gear… but it did seem to stabilize things.

I actually have two licensers. One with just Nuendo and another with Instruments, plug ins, a older Cubase version, and so on. At one point the error message asked me to do maintenance on the dongle. So i did ( using the version of eLicencer installed with N10 demo ). It did the maintainer cycle on both dongles then told me the second dongle with all my instruments was “Broken”. Thats what it said in the Dongle column too. “Broken”! This persisted for a few restarts and dongle re-insertions but eventually it came back fine. I don’t think the dongle is Broken… it would be a mighty coincidence if it chose this exact time to begin to fail.

somethings up…