Camera access in iPad is not asked from the App

Hi,

has anyone the problem with an iPad that the app does not ask about Camera Access. So i can not use/send Camera Signals.
New installation of the app and reset of the rights in the iPad has no effect. Apple Support can´t help.

Greetings m_b

The iPad from my friend does ask and the Camera works with the Software but not my iPad.
I have no idea and Apple Support also.

Hi

which iOS Version are you using?

Thanx
Michael.

Hi Michael,

I use iOS 12.4

Greetings m_b

At another iPad with the same iOS 12.4 it works.

Hi,

have you checked the settings for the app? Open “Settings” app, scroll down to “VST Connect”, select it and enable camera access.

See you,
Michael.

Hi Michael,

there is indeed no Camera to enable.
Studio Pass hast lost the Camera too after resetting rights.
There was a Camera to enable before i know.

How can i reactivate Camera access?
For all Steinberg Apps it is lost at the moment.
Reinstalling the apps makes no change on it.
Hope you can help me.

Greetings m_b

This is an iPad problem for sure. Go to settings/security (I guess - in German it is “Datenschutz”), there to “camera” and you should see apps which have camera access.

Hi musicullum,

yes that´s the Problem, that in Settings/Security there can no Steinberg App be found.
Every App who uses Camera asks for the right an then can be found in Settings/Security.
But the Steinberg Apps did not ask for Camera usage and can´t be found there.
I hope someone has an idea.

There ist indeed a problem, Apple update policy strikes again. It works when you installed it with an older version (that’s why we couldn’t reproduce it in the first place), but Apple now changed it again so that further action has to be provided by the app and installer. Sorry for that, we are working on a fix.