10.0.40 Update

Yes, why wouldn’t it?
The drop of Win7/8 support are for the 10.5 version, not 10.0 updates. That’s clearly stated.

…wait, Windows 8 works?! :slight_smile:

Re: [CAN-23727] Midi “Record Enable” notes being reset (10.0.30 Bug)

Post 12 Jul 2019 07:41

Next month being August 2019 which is now part of history…

It is available now

Let’s hope the note length bug as been fixed

Still no fix for broken Sampler Track file location after Backup Project :unamused:

Well, i don’t expect much these days from Steinberg regarding this kind of issue, could be a year a way! Alongside paid upgrade…

Update notes here:-

When I use Groove Agent / Sampler tracks I always pull the file in to the project first on to a muted track normally called ‘library’, or whatever. I then drag from that track in to Groove agent / Sample track.

Version history: 10.0.40
ID # Area Issue
CAN-23046 ARA Corrected playback behavior when using ARA processes on multiple lanes for comping.
CAN-22875 ARA Improved responsiveness when using Melodyne via ARA on long events.
CAN-23179 ARA Playback now works correctly using ARA Extensions with Processing Precision set to 64-bit float.
CAN-24013 ARA Fixed a playback issue when using ARA Extensions on audio events with 96 kHz sample rate.
CAN-23405 Audio Connections
Audio Connections I/O presets now update correctly when switching to another audio hardware.
CAN-23086 Audio Export Imported MP3 audio files now appear with the correct length in the project.
CAN-22747 Control Room Master Meter settings’ strings are now translated correctly.
CAN-23399 Device Panels MIDI Device Panels of Instrument Tracks now restore correctly when loading projects.
CAN-15065 Direct Offline Processing
DOP now retains parameter values correctly when reapplying plug-ins with Learn function.
CAN-22392 Drum Editor Drum Maps of VST instruments are now saved correctly with the project file.
CAN-24602 Fades Fixed a stability issue when using Auto Fade in Equal Power mode.
CAN-23133 Freeze File Save confirmation dialog now prompts correctly when closing a project after having used the Freeze function.
CAN-22256 General Non-Latin characters are now displayed correctly.
CAN-19882 MediaBay Fix for potential application stall when browsing MIDI loops in MediaBay.
CAN-23675 Metronome Fixed an issue where additional outputs could not be selected in the Metronome Setup window.
CAN-20076 MixConsole MixConsole Visibility Agents now display their active status correctly.
CAN-22745 MixConsole Copy/Paste of Instrument Track Channel Settings no longer modifies VST instrument selection.
The image part with relationship ID rId2 was not found in the file.
CAN-22652 MixConsole Channel Overview now shows the correct amount of channels after using Set Channel Filter for Channel Visibility.
CAN-24171 MixConsole VST MultiPanner now panning all channels when routing surround.
CAN-23260 Note Expression Fixed a stability issue when working with Note Expressions.
CAN-23021 Note Expression Fixed a stability issue when editing Note Expression data.
CAN-23531 Plug-in The value range of Auto LFO MIDI plug-in is now restored correctly when loading projects.
CAN-22663 Plug-in Fixed a stability issue when using vintage Cubase plug-ins in a project.
CAN-22699 Plug-in Brickwall Limiter threshold parameter now shows a correct scale.
CAN-22845 Pool Pool Search mode user interface corrected.
CAN-18564 Project Window Track numbering corrected when adding tracks.
CAN-21951 Recording Direct Monitoring input metering corrected.
CAN-23727 Recording Record-enabling MIDI tracks no longer sends “All Notes Off”.
CAN-22733 Sample Editor Fixed a stability issue when “Create MIDI Notes” from Hitpoints was triggered twice.
CAN-12327 Sampler Track Sampler Track now accepts improper audio files from Pro Tools.
CAN-23192 Sampler Track Key Editor toolbar Edit Sampler Control icon is now displayed correctly.
CAN-23738 Score Editor Score Editor handling corrected for Multi-Rests.
CAN-22599 Score Editor Corrected chord symbols in MusicXML export.
CAN-23350 Track Presets Extract Sound from Track Preset now works correctly for MIDI insert plug-ins.
CAN-21956 Transport Editing Locator Range Duration values now works correctly.
CAN-22548 Transport Editing Pre/Post-Roll and Punch In/Out values now work correctly.
The image part with relationship ID rId2 was not found in the file.
CAN-23878 VST Instruments
Instrument track name is now displayed correctly when using Japanese characters.
CAN-22943 VST Instruments
Resizing HALion’s user interface now works correctly for mixed resolution multi-display setups.
CAN-22387 VariAudio Fixed an issue when using formant shifting on first VariAudio note segment produced distorted audio.
CAN-18817 Video Improved reliability of Full Screen video playback.

This only works if you have ‘Copy Files to Working Directory’ set in Prefs.

HiDpi 4K High Resolution scaling on Windows still not fixed as in 100% or 200% take it or leave it with HiDpi selected. Not really surprised but still bemused on how a Company with the history of Steinberg can introduce something that doesn’t work on a paid upgrade and does nothing to fix it on the following unpaid updates. Must be a new marketing strategy to encourage people to switch Daw’s.

In the thread it states: “confirmed bug by Steinberg Support 21/08/2019 - CAN-24637
If they confirmed the bug August 21, there’s simply no way they could have a fix for that included with 10.0.40, since this version then was at late testing phase…

The 10.0.40 update seems to work without issue, here. I haven’t had the time to test it thoroughly, though, but there is already one thing that indeed has been fixed (it’s the first thing that I checked…) : the infamous CAN-23727 bug (Recording Record-enabling MIDI tracks sends “All Notes Off”).

Beside this, is it me, or the whole Cubase behavior seems to be more snappier than 10.0.30, even for Cubase launching ?

What about the fades with ARA? It’s fixed already?

This bug has been present since the introduction of sampler tracks (over 2 years). I’m pretty sure they knew about it long before 21/8/19.

After the ARA update, I was giving them until this one to fix the HiDPI stuff. They haven’t, so I’ve had enough and I’ll be selling my copy. Yeah, I’m flouncing I know, but this is ridiculous.

Is it me or has Steinberg swapped Cubase update first policy? In the old days it was that the development of Cubase was more current in adding new things,it looks now that all new development is done on Nuendo first??

The reason they haven’t been able to is because of supporting Windows 7 OS which they no longer are for 10.5 - 10.5 is when the HiDPI adjustments are coming. That’s what I read.

I think Cubase was ahead this year with the acception of this update. It’s mostly the full version/.5 versions where one is ahead of the other I think…?

Me three! and a whole bunch of users I work with that doesn’t have the time or money to upgrade to V10.

So its all making sense, they could not get HiDPI to work in this cycle as it must be Win10 Related yet sold it as a working feature.

Shocking!!