How to PAN in Midi editor ?

Hello,

How is it possible to edit the automation of the PAN directly in the MIDI EDITOR !?

In the same window where there is Velocity and Pitchbend I want to play with the PAN ! HOW CAN I DO THAT ?

If i play arround PANCC10 nothing happen !
I just want to pan my HH directly when I create them and not on the main automation track !

Why it is not like any other daw and have everytime to look all over the internet ? I have been looking for it for the last 2 days and I’m loosing my mind please help !

How is it possible to use this : https://i.ibb.co/vmyCz9X/pan.jpg

If i want to pan may drums directly when I create them, please tell me there is a way to do it ! Or Cubase is the only daw in the world who can’t do that ??? Even Cubase support tell me to use the automation track in the main windows WICH I DO NO WANT !!! :smiling_imp:

Which other daws did you mean?

If the instrument itself has a pan button and it allows you to assign a midi controller for it, then it will work. If not, then you cannot do it, and that is not the fault of Cubase.
So totally depends on the instrument you are using.

You’ll need to assign MIDI CC 10 to control the pan parameter of the instrument. Then it should work.

It takes 1 sec in FL studio, is it possible to do the same in cubase ?

withing the midi editor section it never works

I want to use it on a sampler track

I think there is a misunderstanding here. Yes, you can edit pan in the midi editor. I think what you’re trying to say is that you found one instrument that does not respond to midi pan. In the meantime, while you’re waiting for midi pan support to be added to that instrument, you can simply pan the audio.

It is just a sample track with one hi hat sample.

Here is the answer from Steinberg support : He told me without any pressure that it is not possible to do this…How is it possible to sell a product for 600€ without basic, essentiel, crucial features ???

He means this:

Im in the chat with him and seems like pan function of note expression isn’t working, can somebody confirm this issue?

If i do this on any MIDI track’s it works perfectly fine, but with a sample track this does nothing. Why ?

Works for me with the sample track.

If you use a stereo sound you’re able to pan a sample track with cc10 in the key editor as well as the pan in the picture below.
Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 17.57.32.png
If you’re using a mono audio file within the sample track it seems you cant use CC10 to pan and have to use the pan above.

Of course midi pan cc10 editing works. The OP makes no mention of Sampler Tracks. I take it from subsequent posts that this thread is supposed to be about Sampler Tracks, not cc10 editing.

AFAIK, this is the situation with Sampler Tracks and panning:
Note expression pan works on Sampler Tracks, but Sampler Tracks do not respond to CC10 for panning. While many instruments do respond to CC10, it’s not unusual for one to not respond to cc10. In the case of the Sampler Track, I don’t know if that’s intentional or not. You can of course automate the audio panning if note expression pan doesn’t do what you want.

thank you for taking the time to answer me

it’s look like sample track need a major improvement, of course there is always a way to do what we want, but for a PRO version of the software it is very very amateur ! I hope they will improve that before Cubase 11…

With this PAN solution you don’t have the windows below your midi note to draw it properly so very very not convenient

1 Like