Using Single MIDI Track with Multiple MIDI Channels? Best practices?

Yeah, pretty sure that works that way (without actually checking). But alternatively you could leave the Track set to ALL and change the channel number on your keyboard controller. ALL will record whatever channels it gets at its input.

1. I’m not clear on this. Is it possible to change the channel of MIDI notes on a single MIDI Track after they are recorded?

If I record notes on MIDI Channel 1, is it possible to change their assignment to Channel 2? For this particular project that would be a good way to do it. That’s how this whole damn thing started! LOL, I know I can just use another MIDI track, but this is Cubase and we like to make life difficult. No, there are practical reasons for handling this part this way – saves time, organized, concise. Do more with less… etc.

1. I looked at the Logical Editor and Project Editor but didn’t see any function to set a note’s MIDI channel on a MIDI Track. I’ll look again.

2. If I select notes in the Key Editor and then just change the channel on the info line, does that change the MIDI channel of the selected notes? If not, boo hoo. I didn’t try this and just thought of it now.

In the Key Editor if you want to change all the notes (or it’s easy to select only the notes you want to change) select them and change the value on the info line. If the notes you want to change are mixed together with ones you don’t then you might want to fire up the Logical Editor. I’m not at my DAW right now but when I get there (all of 40 feet) I’ll post some pics of LE presets useful for this stuff.