Was Nuendo Ten Premature?

Aye, I actually used that for effect some years ago when making strange noise-effects. The best results at that time was combining my then Nuendo 7 with Cubase SE 3. By using a short less than a frame long square-wave clip for sample-perfect sync before both renderings, and looping back into Wavelab (nothing ever sounded the same after rendering as it had during mix, and I wanted the full effect…), I got a lovely and extreme phasing usable for many weird things.
Here though, I don’t really need to null things to make sure. It’s an extremely tangible effect already on its own - as it has been every single time - and jumping back and forth between Nuendo and RX when clearing up these lavs only made that effect so much more obvious. The things I I actually did like in the sound - the firm low-mid - simply wasn’t there in Nuendo. Things are sure getting closer and closer to true transparency in Nuendo, but it’s not there yet. I remember Pyramix did, but it’s mostly hardware-based, so it makes sense (and that level of fidelity doesn’t come free), and both Wavelab and Sound Forge plays back raw files perfectly, which I actually can see visually as everything I record is coded in something that is called Verifile, which - simply put - is a way to hardware-code error detection directly into every single sample of the sound (transparently, of course), making my Titan cards light up like a Christmas-tree if there’s a dropout or something.

I’ve never actually got clear answers regarding this, but until someone who actually codes these engines can tell me differently, I’m convinced that this is an artifact from making the multi-track software-based DAWs being able to deal with downright insane amounts of data the same way for instance 3D FPS-games uses (used?) a very simplified and truncating form of calculations with total respect for the fact that CPU’s simply can’t do some calculations very effectively to be even remotely playable on regular PC’s. Which also would explain why Pyramix and Wavelab are totally transparent.
10 years ago I did a full feature-film on my old Core2Duo. 650 tracks a reel, with EQ and compressor on every track, plus several instances of full 5.1 surround Altiverb, automation, and a lot of design effects to boot. By the time, it was the heaviest project I’ve ever done (pretty tame compared to some stuff I’ve done now though), but that math doesn’t add up on its own.