Was Nuendo Ten Premature?

Aahh! Now I get you!

This reminds me of when I moved from Sonar to Sequoia. Sequoia had a different sound. As time went by I realised, that it was showing me more of the mid-range detail; which was a good thing.

Thanx for the explanation!

but from what I can tell right now, things produced here seems to work much better on older versions of Nuendo than the other way around, which means it’s a very good thing by the looks of it right now.

This part is a bit confusing, though.
[/quote]

Regarding Sequoia: Totally hear you.

The confusing bits: Seeing as I have absolutely no influence over the development of these programs, and I can’t really change anything from my side, I’ve never actually dug deeper into this. I only try to find the way that best gets me where I want with the least work required, and build on stuff from there, but to cut a long story short I’ve gotten the impression that the colouration of the sound mainly is an artifact of the realtime playout first and foremost. Might be wrong of course, but that kinda makes sense when things I couldn’t hear in Nuendo 8 now sounds clear as day, meaning that EQ optimized for Nuendo 8 now sounds a wee bit weird on Nuendo 10, but EQ adapted for the much more high-resolution Nuendo 10 only makes an impression comparable to, say, jumping between the PSI-speakers and my old Yamaha when loading the very same project one step back. One can reach a whole new level of precision here that easily transfers backward even if you can’t hear the exact mechanics in the old version, the same way a great mix sounds good no matter if played on a $10.000 audiophile-system or a $1 transistor radio.