Was Nuendo Ten Premature?

De nada, glad to be of help!
It sounds like you are a very creative person who certainly seems to have the ear for it, and I can very much recommend trying this trade out! You have one hell of a ride to look forward to if you do, and I mean that in the good way! I haven’t looked back for a second since abandoning the music industry completely in favour of movies and games 15 years ago, and for my own personal projects and experiments in music Nuendo still rocks :slight_smile:
I have a sneaking suspicion you might find quite a few things really worthwhile right off the bat in Nuendo 10, I sure did, but I hear what you’re saying about the video rendering function. It is very simple right now, but I must admit this brings me a lot of hope and anticipation for what’s coming!I’ve been using Nuendo since version 2, and there has been several features added during these years that initially started out pretty sparsely featured, but grown into really amazing stuff. The video-engine is a great example- it actually did give me a few headaches as my old Matrox-stuff didn’t work anymore when the Direct Show-support disappeared, and just good riddance to the Quicktime engine full stop, but what I gained from the new engine introduced in…7? Something like that. -More than made up for that. And truth be told quickly nothing of all this was a problem anymore when I bought Black Magic-cards instead for the play-out anyway, and that card has remained with me since Nuendo 5.
I feel the same way here and now: there are no settings whatsoever, and I’m not a huge fan of H.264, but the promises this hints of about the future will save me a downright monumental amount of time, and even now in this primitive state I can easily send WIP to my clients with a simple press of a button!
Not really sure what it might be that you dislike about the export otherwise, but maybe it’s something that just takes a little getting used to?