Importing video WL Pro

Hi, I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I can’t seem to import any video into WL. I have matched the Sample rate etc and made sure the file is compatible but when I click to import - nothing happens at all. What am I missing?

Clicking on import should at least show a file selector. Don’t you see this?
Else, try this: create a Video track, then drag and drop a video file into it.

Hi PG, yes I see the file selector and WL sees the video (simple mp4 recorded from my phone) but nothing happens when I select it. When I double click on the video though I get an error message - see attached screen shot.

Are you trying to open a video or audio file?
There if no preview for Video (even if the video contains audio).
Since mp4 is usable both for audio and video, if you select the audio filter and select a video, you will get such warning.
2019-11-01_16-16-40.png

It’s definitely a video file…I will check things out a bit more and get back to you.

Hi Jeff - a quick couple of things sprang to mind…

Does it play ok on the desktop (via VLC or MediaPlayer etc,…).? If not, there’s bigger problems with the file itself…
If yes, check exactly what codec is being used in the file (Tools → Codec Information inside VLC) - you know that MP4 is only the container, right.?

Good luck,
Bob

(PS:- For me - in the UK, if it makes any difference - the URL for your website in your signature returns a ‘Page Not Found’ error. Changing it to a *.com domain, works… :wink: )

Thanks Bob - yes the video vile does play in all the video programs and I am still not able to import it. I converted it to an .avi too just to see if that made a difference but no joy.

PG: Just a thought - I am only using my PC’s motherboard’s native graphics output…if I put in a proper graphics card would that make a difference?

(And thanks for the heads up re the website - it does work but it isn’t as smooth as it should be. I’ll update it).

I am only using my PC’s motherboard’s native graphics output…if I put in a proper graphics card would that make a difference?

No, this can’t help.
Can you try on Cubase or Nuendo? WaveLab uses the same sub-system.

Sorry PG I only have WL!

Is the problem limited to one specific video? Can you load at least some other videos?

It seems that it was limited to the one video…I imported a film in mp4 format and recorded another short one on my android phone - also .mp4 and they both work ok…I assumed that since the first one I tried worked on everything else it should work in WL. But that’s ok… I can deal with that since I am only getting used to the idea of video’s in WL!

Thanks PG.