Padshop 2

You should have read this: Vergleiche alle Cubase-Versionen | Steinberg

Obviously, Padshop 2 is a part of Cubase 10.5.

Now, i’m just wondering for who the upgrade option is… for people who don’t own Cubase, but still own a Padshop Pro license? For people with an older Cubase, but, Padshop 2 won’t work on those? Puzzled…

fwiw, i didn’t have to run any additional padshop upgrade installer(s). the installation of cubase 10.5 automatically upgraded padshop on my setup.

Nothing really, Padshop 2 - now the only version, there is no Pro anymore - is included in Cubase 10.5 Pro. Ask them for a refund, maybe. That update is only useful for owners of non-Pro versions of Cubase.

As Cubase Pro users, if we’d waited long enough, we wouldn’t have had to pay for Pro.

I did the same thing. Did I just get duped out of $30?

I fear there will soon be many like you. Steinberg should make the situation more clear. I myself almost fell into the (surely unintentional) trap, too.

I bought two PadShop Pro upgrades in the past, because I have multiple Nuendo and Cubase Pro licenses. It would be fair if Steinberg would give a little discount for upgrading to Cubase Pro 10.5 when there is an additional PadShop Pro license too.

That’s pretty much what I thought they would say Tech-Dance.

If Steinberg & co read these forums, maybe for the people that already paid for a padshop pro licnese, they should give us a coupon for upgrade to Halion or Groove Agent full versions. (I would prefer Halion as I am a Maschine user and have all the drums I need ;-0)

• I never did understand why Halion full isn’t included in Cubase Pro but Retrologue is.

Great to see a more improved padshop version . It sure got everything and I am very impressed. Only thing missing I wish it could read scala or tun files for even more microtuning expressions.

I was thinking of upgrading to Padshop 2 from Padshop Pro for use with Artist 9. That would be worth $29.99 to me.

However, reading above posts, maybe Padshop 2 is only compatible with Cubase Artist 10.5. Is this true??

Oh s**t… I spent money to upgrade from pro to version 2… :blush:

if You feel you have been mislead you are within your rights to challenge it in order to get your money back

I don’t know about you but £25 is a a lot of money to me to pay for something I don’t need!

Good luck

Hi friends, as I have long-term issues with Padshop Pro (crashing all the time) in Cubase 10, even official support can´t help with it, I´m considering to upgrade to Padshop 2. I would appreciate if you could confirm that Padshop 2 is REALLY stabe in Cubase (10.5, evetually 10), I really don´t feel like spending another money for something that will crash again. Or maybe upgrade to Cubase 10.5 could help? I have many presets used in my projects, but it´s a nightmare to work with Padshop Pro flawlessly…
Thanks

PS2 is stable on my system and setup.

BTW… I still feel Steinberg/Yamaha screwed over people that owned a PadshopPro license and upgraded to Cubase Pro 10 where it basically swallowed that license into Cubase Pro.Totall BS move. I will remember than next time I have to decide into which ecosystem I will be buying into.