Dorico 3 Download problem

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
frankfro

Re: Dorico 3 Download problem

Post by frankfro »

Daniel at Steinberg wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:59 am
That definitely suggests a problem with the download itself. Very strange! Do you have access to another computer you could download the files onto, then transfer them to your main machine by way of a USB drive?
thanks Daniel. I downloaded on my phone, and copied to PC and installer is working thanks.

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg »

Tom, do you have access to an internet connection at another location, e.g. your place of work or educational institution, where you might be able to try the download and transfer it to your computer by way of a USB drive, or similar? I can post a USB drive to you from the UK, but I don't know how long it will take to reach you.

Tom Flenady

Post by Tom Flenady »

Hi Daniel,

I'll pop over to a friend's place with a thumb drive and see if I can get the dmg there. No need to post anything from Blighty! Thanks for the offer though. I'll let you know how it pans out :)

Tom

Jsingra

Post by Jsingra »

Hi mate,

I am based in Melbourne too and getting the same issue( error message thst file is damaged and should be send to bin) while downloading Cubase 10.5. I am trying to download on my phone and see if that helps.

Thanks
Jay
Cubase 10.5.12 Pro
Absolute 4
Macbook Pro 13-inch Early 2015, 2.7ghz, Dual-Core Intel Corei5 8GB RAM
macOS Mojave ver 10.14.6
Focusrite2i2, Arturia Minilab

Barry Ford

Post by Barry Ford »

I get corrupted file messages when I try to install Dorico 3. Tried many, many times. I can't install via download assistant, because that doesn't run. (Tried that lots of times also). Western Australia.
3 DAWs down

Barry Ford

Post by Barry Ford »

Same with two different computers, btw.
3 DAWs down

Derrek
Grand Senior Member

Post by Derrek »

Did you open the Download Assistant as Administrator? Sometimes that helps.
Dorico Pro 3.5.10.1045, Finale (v26), GPO, JABB3, GWI, NotePerformer 3.3.1, CuBase Pro 10.5 newbie
Windows 10 (also Mac Catalina as alternate)
US English Keyboard

Barry Ford

Post by Barry Ford »

Yep, run as Administrator. Splash screen then nada. (No errors on installing it).
3 DAWs down

Daniel at Steinberg

Sorry to hear that, Barry. Have you tried downloading from the direct links on the download page instead?

Barry Ford

Post by Barry Ford »

Yes, that's the one that gives me checksum errors on various zipped files on installation.
3 DAWs down

Daniel at Steinberg

The offer to send you a USB drive containing the software stands, but I imagine it will take a good couple of weeks for it to reach you. If you'd like me to do this, please send me a private message with your postal address, and I'll take care of this some time this coming week.

Barry Ford

Post by Barry Ford »

Thanks Daniel,

I'll hold off for a while. There seems to be a lot of issues with the current release. I don't think it's worth trying to evaluate Dorico until it is much more stable.
3 DAWs down

pianoleo
Grand Master

Post by pianoleo »

Barry, people with problems tend to gravitate towards forums. (Also oddballs like me, who don’t often have problems with the software but do have a compulsion to help others). Don’t assume that the proliferation of “problem” threads is representative of 100% of the user base. If people are happily working with Dorico they don’t tend to bother saying so ;)
Pianist/accompanist/engraver/arranger
2019 Macbook Pro 16" 2.3gGHz 8-core i9, 32GB RAM,
2015 Macbook Pro 13" Retina 3.1GHz dual-core i7, 8GB RAM; running Sibelius Ultimate, Logic Pro X, Dorico Pro 3.5 etc.
& 2017 HP ZBook Studio G3 15.6” UHD quad-i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro
Sibelius user since Sibelius 7 (Acorn, 1997), Ex-Sibelius user since Dorico 1.0

Barry Ford

Post by Barry Ford »

Thanks pianoleo.

I will revisit Dorico in teh (Southern hemisphere) Winter, when I can (hopefully) spend some quality time in the music room. A 30-day trial can elapse very quickly if you have installation or configuration issues, and your significant other has a to-do list for you which does not include working on said issues. I still have plenty of learning to do in Cubase (when she's not looking). Tried lots of DAWs when Gibson pulled the plug on Cakewalk, got a Hammond SK-1 at the same time. Cubase is the only DAW I have found that can record all the control/performance parameters of said beast (couldn't even get Cake to do it!). Also Cubase is the ONLY DAW I've ever come across (since Digital Orchestrator Pro) that has a workable patch map mechanism (script files). I'll be sticking with Steinberg.
3 DAWs down

Return to “Dorico”