Playback interrupts while adding tracks/fx

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
qAPLAh_[HAGG]

Playback interrupts while adding tracks/fx

Post by qAPLAh_[HAGG] »

Each time i add a track or a VST(i) while playing back the project, sound is interrupted. This is VERY annoying (and it doesn't make a good impression on the musicians i record and work with). All versions of Cubase seem to do this.
How can i ensure flawless playback? Does anyone recognize this problem?
Thanks for any help on this!
W10 | Cubase Pro 10.5.12 | MOTU 828mkIII

etchell

Re: Playback interrupts while adding tracks/fx

Post by etchell »

For this "gapless" audio engine you have to change your DAW, I'm afraid. There is yet no setting which will stop this interruption on changes.
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))
Cubase 10.0.50 Pro / 10.5.20 Pro

qAPLAh_[HAGG]

Post by qAPLAh_[HAGG] »

etchell wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:56 pm
For this "gapless" audio engine you have to change your DAW, I'm afraid. There is yet no setting which will stop this interruption on changes.
Thanks for the reply. How is this on your system?

Tj99

Post by Tj99 »

qAPLAh_[HAGG] wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:24 am
etchell wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:56 pm
Thanks for the reply. How is this on your system?
It is on every system. Every time you add plugins, new tracks or duplicate tracks playback will be interrupted. Thats what Cubase always did. It is on the feature request top 50 list tough. Be sure to check the feature request polls on this forum and vote for features which are important to you!
Recording - Mixing - Mastering

qAPLAh_[HAGG]

Post by qAPLAh_[HAGG] »

Thanks, i'll do that.
This problem can be quite disruptive in recording sessions.

Outsounder

Post by Outsounder »

It's an abrupt losing/opening of the Asio stream that's needed to introduce a new signal flow so it will happen on any part of the signal flow, like pulling or pushing a jack plug of an amp or mixer channel with the amp and speakers on line and turned up full, ouch!

It's a very strange scenario at Steinberg, they invent something, like Asio, VST ,Eucon etc and them seem to put them to one side whilst other DAW developers race ahead and really go to town with these protocols to a point where the Teinbetg forums are full of whinges and complaints on various Steinberg technologies that don't work unless your using another developers DAW where these specifics will work perfectly.

It almost as, if you really want to use Steinberg technologies , don't buy a Steinberg DAW! Quite embarrassing for Steinberg really as they take up to a few years concentrating on alien GUI's that throw users established workflows up in the air whilst leaving so many broken bits and drag on for years on end.

I think who ever is at the head of the Yamaha/Steinberg direction and development team need to get a grip and get things sorted.
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/32gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram.Win7 pro/Win10 pro, Cubase 9.5 Pro/Cubase 10.5 pro, Studio One 4 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, SonicCore/Scope DSP Audio System, Presonus Sceptre S6 monitors. Avid Artist Mix/Control and Transport. Software includes NI Komplete 10, Halion 6, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries etc etc.

Return to “General”