Cubasis 2.8.2 available

Dear all,

Please note that Cubasis 3 has been released today as well.

Cubasis 3 can be purchased as download through the App Store and is not available for free to existing customers of previous versions of Cubasis, priced at 49.99$/54.99€.

Cubasis 2 and its corresponding in-app purchases remain available in the App Store. The price for Cubasis 2 will be reduced to 23.99$/26.99€.

In addition, the price for the Full Feature Set In-App Purchase, included in Cubasis LE 2 will also be reduced to 14.99$/16.99€.
Please note that the Full Feature Set in-app purchase updates Cubasis LE with the Cubasis 2 features.
Cubasis LE 3 is scheduled to be released at the end of March 2020.

Best,
Lars

The question is this
if I purchase cubasis 3 from different Apple ID
Can I transfer App purchase of cubasis2 To cubasis 3

Not free for existing users of Cubasis 2? Bad! A discount?

Cubasis 2.8.2 opens with the shop view…
offers le3

When looking at what extra features have been added to Cubasis and comparing it to C2 a small upgrade fee would have been nice for existing users. Since I am not a professional C2 will work just fine for now.

Hi Divesh,

IAP Transfer is only possible using the same Apple ID.

Best,
Lars

Hi Young2000,

Cubasis has recieved more than thirty feature and maintenance updates, since its introduction in Dec 2012.
All of them were offer free of charge for existing customers.

Cubasis 3 was rewritten from scratch, adds a new iPhone and 20+ user-requested features.
Cubasis 2 in-app purchases can be freely transfered to Cubasis 3.

Unfortunately Apple does not offer comparable options, such as a “grace period” or similar.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi lsd87,

Please ignore the LE title, which is a simple graphic bug.

Thanks,
Lars

This is my last comment regarding cubasis and Steinberg overall.
For years major requests have been ignored. Now cubasis 3 is out without any offer or credits for users of v2. I migrated to Presonus. Combination of Capture on iPad and Studio one on PC works fine. Licence Policy is easier and generous.
Good luck for everybody who stays, i am done.
Most likely the forum admin will not permitt to show this post, but anyway…
Regards

I have Cubasis 2 LE upgraded to the full Cubasis aith all in app purchases. If I buy cubasis 3 can I restore in app purchases from upgraded 2 LE?

Hi qbassa,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis LE 3 is planned to be released at the end of March 2020.
We plan to offer a similar IAP Transfer option for Cubasis LE 3 (compared to what we have in Cubasis 3).
It is also planned, to offer a new Cubasis 3 Full Feature Set in-app purchase.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Very disappointed, I purchased v2 and IAPs only 2 months ago to it inadequate for my needs but I have sat on it waiting for specific feature updates only to find they will never come. Sorry I won’t be investing any more time and money.

Hi Web,

Apple Handels the app purchases. After finding Cubasis inadequate you should and could have get in touch with Apple asking for a refund.
You still can give it a try. However the decision to grant this after two months, is fully up to them.

Best,
Lars

Hi fritzroeder,

Cubasis has received 30+ updates between 2012 and 2019, where we’ve been constantly adding lots of user-requested features.
All of these updates have been free since the initial Cubasis release, back in December 2012.

Cubasis 3 is a new app, rewritten from scratch, adding iPhone support and 20+ user-requested features.
Cubasis 3 is no update, and took us several years to make.

Apple does not provide dedicated update options, and we think it is fair to sell Cubasis 3 after having released 30+ free Cubasis updates.
Plus, you have the option to transfer previous Cubasis in-app purchases to Cubasis 3 free of charge.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi qbassa,

Cubasis LE 3 is planned to be released at the end of March 2020.

We plan to add a similar IAP Transfer option to Cubasis LE 3 for the regular in-app purchases.
We also plan to add a new Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP, to update the app with all features of Cubasis LE 3.

Best,
Lars

I’ve just bought Cubasis 3. Any chance you can transfer my purchases from fully unlocked LE 2 (with all purchases). My account is for the same email as here (qbassa@gmail.com). I think it not right to pay again for exactly same things. If you need any more details, screenshots let me know.

Alas, so far there is no external command management Play, Stop, Record, as well as the possibility of synchronization with Cubase desktop version to work in pairs

If Cubasis 3 is a completely new App, why is it titled “Cubasis 3” after “Cubasis 2”?
I think you should reconsider giving your existing customers a discount … are you really going to continue to sell Cubasis 2? That makes no sense at all.

Does Cubasis 3 or 2 have support for midi controllers/keyboards? - I did not buy the original Cubasis because I couldn’t use a keyboard with it. It is ambiguous in your promotional material and it is useless to me without these features.

If Cubasis 2 is cheaper than 3,
And 2 works with iOS 12 what would be the point of
1, updating iOS and risk apps/effects/synths not working.
2, paying £49.00 for Cubasis 3, which is more or less the same as 2…
I for one will NOT update my iOS to accommodate cubasis3.
I have over 80 (AU effects) 40+ (AU synth apps)
Even if it was discounted I would still not risk it.

Lately I have read so many users of Cubasis 3 have found it to be extremely buggy…
If it was created from scratch surely theses bugs should have been corrected before releasing it.

Thanks, but no thanks…

I’m sticking with Cubasis 2…