10.5 most bug-ridden update ever?

In 25 years of using Cubase I’ve never had such a bug-ridden upgrade. All too numerous to specify, but they include constant crashing on project closing, and losing various presets among other things. This upgrade has been a nightmare like no other and I feel ripped off. I spend more time searching about and trying to bypass bugs than doing music. This is not why we have modern DAWS. The idea is to make music production easier.

I’m seriously thinking of defecting to Protools or Reaper in the near future.

I don’t think so. Nothing beats 7.0.0 in this regard. But they changed the mixer back then, and that is a core component of any DAW. A year later, 7.07 was extremely HQ and performant. So be patient…

I’m also not happy about Cubase 10.5, I’m on iMacPro and osx 10.13.6, a lot of bugs, problems with plugins, and too many crashes.
One of most famous crashes…FabFilter Q3 pro crash when you open 2 instances plugins GUI on top of your monitor…and ok patience I will not open em twice…but Softube also, UAD …(I got a crash with Oxford Dynamic eq!!!) and this-> double screen with mixer in second monitor from working areas selection…appears without left area where u select which channel must be visible, so if u just click on the right button to show the left part of the mixer it crashes (I have CR enabled)…is a nightmare!!! I lost only time…
Cmon Steinberg the previous 10.0.5 was amazing, I’m forced to back to this one!
Next time please do better test before release a fully buggy update!

Things seem to have improved since the post 10.5 fixes.