Cubase 10.5 Elements on old computer.

Hi!
What kind of performance could I expect from Cubase 10.5 Elements on an 8 year old computer?
Intel i5 3450 @ 3.1 GHz 4 cores. 8GB RAM - SSD

The plan is to have a platform for writing music. That’s it.
Eg:
Ezdrummer
A couple of VST synths
5 audio tracks.

System requirements says i5 or faster. The first i5 appeared 11 years ago :open_mouth:

Any hands on experiences with 10 or 10.5 on such an old computer?

• Eivind

A Performance of 5.

Thanks for your reply, but I’m afraid I don’t understand your reply, unless you mean that I get the performance of an i5, which I kind of figured…

I was hoping for a reply like

“No way. You need at least ixxxx and xxGB of RAM to do Ezdrummer and 5 audio tracks”

or

“I run a similar setup and run into trouble at 8 audio tracks”

Eivind

The RAM Requirements for EZDrumme rcan be found on the Toontrack Website or certainly in its manual. No, I mean 5, on a scale that has no scale, because it´s rather impossible to tell someone “what Kind of Performance he could expect from Cubase Elements on a 8 year old Computer” - really. Given the fact, that a “Computer” does not only consist of a CPU.
If you want a useful answer that you can really trust: download the trial and test yourself with your Computer.
I ran Superior Drummer and plenty of audio tracks in 2012 with a single or dual core processor.

Thanks!
I did say in my first post the specs of a computer I can buy for very little money (Intel i5 3450 @ 3.1 GHz 4 cores. 8GB RAM - SSD).
Sounds like it’s worth a try.

Cheers to you!