AIR Hybrid 3.0.7 causes CRASH of Cubase when loading projects

Hi,
I really do not remember so many crashes of Cubase in the past than I´ve been experiencing in recent versions (since 9). Currently vsti AIR Hybrid 3.0.7 causes crash of loading projects with Hybrid instances and subsequentlly the whole Cubase. Funny is that not always. Sometimes not, sometimes yes, sometimes renaming the project helps, sometimes it doesn´t. Would you recommend any remedy for it? I´m already tired due to these crashes…
Thanks

Hi,

Could you attach crash dump file, to check if it really crashes in the plug-in?

Hi Martin,
today it got stuck a few times when scanning Padshop plugin, I don´t undertsand it… On the 3rd or 4th attempt I succeeded to open the project, but anyway… it´s crazy. After upgrade to Windows 10 I have a crash almost always when oepning Cubase.

Attached please find the latest dump file. Cubase gives many crash dump files at crash within seconds one after another!

Thanks
Cubase Elements 10.0.40.284 64bit 2020.1.10 15.51.15.346.dmp (897 KB)

Bump! So currently Cubase crashes when scanning Steinberg synths Padshop or Retrologue on start-up of projects! It doesn´t seem to have anything to do with a specific plug-in, I thought it was because of Hybrid, but this is some more general issue. Any idea? Please recommend at least some known solutions at such symptoms. As mentioned before - I HAVE NO PROBLEM OPENING A NEW PROJECT AND LOAD ALL THE PLUGINS, this must be some problem due to upgrade from WIn7 to Win10. I´m getting desperate… I already tried to delete the Cubase preferences folder, it doesn´t help. There must be some cause.

Thanks

Hi,

This crash is in Padshop. Make sure you have the very latest version installed, please.

Hi Martin, thank you for the answer. I have the same version as the update on Steinberg Download page. i.e. 1.2.20. What I can try is to reinstall or repair it. Nothing else occurs to me for now.

Hi,

You could also try to trash Groove Agent SE preferences.

Hi Martin,
I will try. I would have one question - as mentiond I upgraded from WIndows7 to Windows 10 recently. Would “Software/license reactivation” make any sense? Because Steinberg writes:
Reactivations are required because in general, activation codes can only be used once to download a software license. If a further activation of a new software installation is necessary - for instance, in case the operating system has been reinstalled

Is it worth trying it? Or when I see no problem in eLicenser and Cubase works - does it make sense?

Thanks
Ivan

Hi,

No, reactivation is needed only if your Soft-eLicenser Number changes. If you would have a new one, you wouldn’t be able to start Cubase, because the license wouldn’t be there (because it would sit on the old Soft-eLicenser). If you can start Cubase and the license is there, you even can not reactivate.

But it makes sense to update your eLCC application in any case.

OK, so I uninstalled Padshop, cleaned registers, restarted the computer, installed Padshop again and guess what- CUBASE STILL CRASHES!!! This is not funny at all… What the hell shall I do to fix the things?! Steinberg can´t be serious not to be able to do its own vst instrumetns stable… Even if I manage to open a PADSHOP instance and try to load my saved preset, Cubase gives error and creates a crash dump file. I have no idea what to do further.

Hi,

Have you installed the very latest Padshop update, please? Have you installed as administrator, please? Could you try to trash Padshop preferences?

Hi Martin

Yes.

Yes.

After unistallation I manually searched for every Padshop folder and deleted it, cleaned up registers and then installed the very latest version downloaded from Steinberg yesterday. No idea if there was also some preferences of Padshop among the deleted or uninstalled.

Btw. waiting for a reaction from Steinberg Support (Yamaha CZ) more than three days…

Thank you, Martin.