A few questions from a potential buyer

Hi all,

I currently own Cubase 8.5 and Sound Forge Pro and am considering purchasing Wavelab 9. I have downloaded the Wavelab 8.5 trial to get a feel for what the software can do and I was hoping someone here could help me with a few questions. I am not a mastering engineer but I am interested in learning more about this process. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I am interested in a workflow where I can load up several tracks that are part of a CD project and want to create an mastering FX chain to use across all off the tracks.

1. Is there a way to create snapshots or presets for my settings for each track and have the software switch the snapshot or preset as the project plays or is rendered through?

Some of my UAD plugs are pretty heavy and I wouldn’t want to have to load them on to each track. I am of course open to any suggestions that may work better.

1. I was also wondering if there is any cross-grade or Cubase owner pricing available?

Please understand that I am not complaining about the price. The features in Wavelab seem to be amazing but I also have to consider how much these added features (above what I already own) will benefit me as well.

Thanks again,

Some of my UAD plugs are pretty heavy and I wouldn’t want to have to load them on to each track. I am of course open to any suggestions that may work better.

WaveLab 9 has a special procedure for UAD plugins, that automatically switches clip plugins on/off, to space DSP resources.
IOW, you can run more UAD plugins than in standard DAWs.

Thank you for the quick response!