N10 - Frequent eLicensor Control errors

This is long but it might be informative if you can get through it

Windows 7 user here (no longer officially supported you might note) with ancient dongles (I’m talking at least 15 years old maybe closer to 20). 2 elicensers connected along with 2 old iloks ( one so old it’s Smurf blue and shaped like an actual key, the other an iiLok 2).

Roughly one dozen USB 2 and USB 3 devices plugged in with only one of them being plugged directly into the computer (all others including all 4 dongles on 2 powered hubs). Computer is a 2015 era 8 core Intel i7 that I built myself. The system has a Faderport, Artist Mix and a 27-inch Dell touch screen for DTouch connected via HDMI and USB 3 along with a 65in 4k monitor.

The system has an AMD video card, 3 UAD2 Quads and a PCIe to PCI adapter card that’s attached to an RME MADI DSP PCI.plus an ancient 13 space Magma chassis running 8 full-length double-stacked custom DSP PCI cards. Yes there are 14 PCI and PCIe cards in total. Before you ask, no I’m not making any of this up. This is a single computer that is extremely stable.

The computer, IO and other peripherals are all in an equipment room on the other side of my Control Room wall so none of the USB runs are short.

Why did I list all of the above? Because I have zero elicenser problems. None.

But even though I don’t have problems, this thread still aggravates the crap out of me on behalf of you guys having such crazy issues. I’m reading this thing and it sounds insane. No way you should drop $1,000 + on your application and have copy protection make it work like an early development Alpha build that will barely even boot, which I have seen in my time.

My point? It’s not a hardware issue. Can’t be. Think of the insanity going on in my system, and still Mr. CPU and Mrs Elicenser software and ancient Uncle Dongle all manage to get along and work things out. I have a lot of PC building tricks up my sleeve to get all this to work right but even so, my interrupt latencies are worse than 95% of what you guys are dealing with for sure.

There are just too many people having problems with very different systems to put this on the end user’s Hardware. If my insane system has no copy protection problems are you telling me a “normal” system can’t hack it on the USB timing? No chance that’s the problem.

Steinberg needs to own this as their issue and make it work in the real world for their customers. This being said by guy who has no problem on my system. If it will work on my Frankenstein it should work on anybody’s system and Steinberg needs to make that happen. It’s nothing you guys have or have not done wrong. It’s Steinberg’s issue and this should just work.