Which AM4 board for use with UR22C?

neich,

First of all from what I can tell Steinberg is saying that the problem occurs when you’re running either without their driver and/or are using “SuperSpeed (USB 3.1 Gen1) mode”. They specifically state that you should be able to run it without sacrificing functionality if you “Switch to High-Speed (USB 2.0) mode in the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver control panel.” They also write “switch to the standard ASMedia driver.” as the second solution (if you’re connected to an ASMedia controller).

If I remember correctly AMD motherboards have some USB connections going straight into the CPU and some going through the chipset (x370/x470). On my motherboard I believe I have 4 connectors going into the CPU and another 10 available through the chipset.

So what it looks like to me is that you should be able to get it to work using the Steinberg driver at least in USB 2.0 mode, regardless of motherboard. If you get a motherboard where it’s acting up for some reason you should still have options to use different connectors/controllers.

I could be wrong about this but that’s really what it looks like to me.

Also, I just looked at the spec page of my motherboard and I don’t see “ASMedia” as a USB controller on it.

Perhaps you could list the boards you’re thinking about buying and also check on Gearslutz.com in the “Today we build a PC” thread in the “computers” section (start from the end or search the thread).