Cubase 10.5 Not changing sample rate of audio on import

I have same problem too!! Please steinberg correct that issue. I use this function every day!
Thanks by advance

The behaviour is totally random. It worked perfectly for days and days andd suddenly erased the files from the original folder, and worked again then…

I switched once to Nuendo10, same issue.

Noticed identical behaviour, since Cubase 10.5

Follow up on my own post, i have this on my second win10 machine as well.

I have been having the same problem when importing audio files to Cubase. Is there any news - will it soon be addressed in an update?

Same problem here.

I have an open issue with Steinberg support (Oscar Bonomi) and he is insisting that he cannot recreate the problem at his end.

If Steinberg can’t recreate the problem then how can they fix it.

Extremely frustrating situation. I raised my original support ticket on 14/11/2019 - nearly one month ago and I have got nowhere.

Help!

Oh I’m very sorry to hear. That is very unlike normal Steinberg behaviour. Normally they fix these things. I have been waiting for an update to fix it and been using version 10 meanwhile. Will be really sad if import audio is not gonna work probably on Mac anymore. I do however trust that Steinberg will fix it as they usually do. I will soon be getting a new MacBook Pro - then I can test if the problem persist there. Right now I’m using a 2018 15 MacBook Pro.

I have had confirmation today that Steinberg have recreated and acknowledged this problem (CAN-26567) and it has been reported to their developers.

It has taken me nearly a month from bringing this to Steinberg’s attention to get to this stage.

We found out that if you put the preferences set to convert at import by default, Cubase 10.5 is able to convert all files on import correctly.

To use this workaround:

1. Go to “Preferences → Editing Options → Audio”
    (online help: Editing - Audio)

2. Choose “Use Settings” in the options menu for “On Import Audio Files”

3. Check the default action below: “Convert and Copy to Project If Needed”

4. Hit apply

All files imported with this preference switched on will be conformed to the project´s settings correctly in 10.5

Hope it helps other Cubasers out there

Edu S.

1 Like

Same here, and I can’t believe such a bug exists.

Same here, please fix it !!! :frowning:

This worked for me, thanks so much!

Hi There, noticed this bug today. Sample rate conversion works fine when dragging a single file into the session timeline. However, sample rate conversion does not work if you drag multiple files into the timeline. Example video below:

Any ETA for a fix Steinberg?

This workaround works for now.

+1

This issue still happening to me on 10.5.12

Yes, still doesn’t work in 10.5.12. Looks like they still don’t know about the bug.

Have the same problem in cubase 10.5.12 on windows 10.

Cubase does not change samplerate when importing files into pool, although I checked the box for “onvert if needed”.

I have the same problem.

When I import (drag and drop) multiple audio files in a Cubase 10.5 session (the box for “Convert if needed” is checked), the sample rate gets messed up.

But importing them one by one works just fine.

Fixed now in 10.5.2

I have the same problem even with single file import. It began after Windows crashed. I also updated windows after the crash. So one or the other caused it.

Cubase 10.5.12
Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS build 18363.836

Edit: It must have been a bug. I managed to solve the issue by importing the file as normal > Open Pool Window > select the file > mouse right-click > Convert Files… > select your options > OK
After this it seems to have reset itself and dragging other files from MediaBay now asks whether to convert or not.

Hope this helps.

Same problem- except that this fix didn’t work for me.

I’m working with 10.5 on a MacBook Pro. It is now May, 2021 and I’ve been collaborating with friends in other provinces. However, recently this problem has shown up and broken the creative and collaborative flow!

It began when I was trying to make my Moog obey the Cubase MIDI clock. Not only did my Moog remain belligerently independent, I also have been unable to import WAV’s or AIFF’s without the whole timing thing ever since. I have undone everything that I changed in the Project Synchronization box of Transport, but to no avail.

Did anyone ever discover a ‘sure thing’ fix?

Help me, Obiwan Kenobe- you’re my only hope.