Cubase 8 and macOS Sierra GUI problem

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
ixg

Cubase 8 and macOS Sierra GUI problem

Post by ixg »

I did a fresh install of macOS Sierra and reinstall of all my software on my computer. I'm having an issue with tabbed windows in Cubase 8 since I reinstalled it - every time I open any of the mixer windows or the plug-in manager, it resizes and repositions my all my windows into tabs. It's incredibly annoying since it totally wrecks my window layout every single time I reopen a project or simply close and open the mixer. I'm assuming it has to do with the new tabs system in Sierra but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it stop doing this.
I'm running Cubase 8.0.40.
Thanks for your help!
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 3.31.35 PM.png
(163.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 3.24.27 PM.png
(139 KiB) Not downloaded yet

JTRake

Re: Cubase 8 and macOS Sierra GUI problem

Post by JTRake »

Not sure if it helps but you could try to disable the "Open folders in tabs instead of new windows" feature in Finder | Preferences | General. Only setting that comes to mind that could cause this behavior.
HW: Windows 10, Asus z270 Prime Motherboard, i7 7700, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 gpu | RME Babyface | Novation 61SL MKII | Korg padKONTROL
SW: Cubase 9, Studio One 3, Halion 6, VSTi/Plugins from MCDsp, Toontrack, Plugin Alliance, Waves, Spectrasonics, Kush, U-he, Scuffham, Overloud, D16

Return to “General”