Cubase 8.5 Artist. Snap Question.

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
dylan ost

Cubase 8.5 Artist. Snap Question.

Post by dylan ost »

This may be a stupid question but I for the life of me can't figure it out. Is there anyway to make it that cubase 8.5 remembers the snap that you have it to relative to the editor and sequencer? What I mean is that on the sequencer page i'll have the snap set a bar, i'll go into a event and the snap will be the set to every bar. Vise Versa. I want it to instead remember that in the Key editor I want my snap to be "X" (being a variable) and "X" in the sequencer. As opposed to have to change it back and forth.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Cubase 8.5 Artist. Snap Question.

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

I'm sorry, I don't get your question. In both case you are describing, the Snap is set to Bars, or...?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Razzia

Post by Razzia »

In other words, he wants to set separate snap values for the editor and the arranger. Good idea, but I don't have an answer for him.
Cubase Pro 9 / Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Push 2 / Novation LaunchKey 25 / Steinberg CMC-CH
Audient iD4 / ART Voice Channel
Win 10 Pro x64 / i7 6700k / 200 GB SSD / 2TB HDD / 16 GB RAM

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- »

A limited answer:

You can set the Project window (sequencer you called it) to beat or bar instead of 'use quantize' this might be what you need in certain use cases.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

SteveInChicago wrote: You can set the Project window (sequencer you called it) to beat or bar instead of 'use quantize' this might be what you need in certain use cases.
This is what I'm also using. In the Project window, the Snap Grid is set to Bars, sometimes to Beats. In the Editors, I'm using Quantize. So I even didn't notice, it's linked. :-)
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Razzia

Post by Razzia »

SteveInChicago wrote:A limited answer:

You can set the Project window (sequencer you called it) to beat or bar instead of 'use quantize' this might be what you need in certain use cases.
Oh wow, this is actually a great solution. I'll have to check this out when I get home. Thanks
Cubase Pro 9 / Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Push 2 / Novation LaunchKey 25 / Steinberg CMC-CH
Audient iD4 / ART Voice Channel
Win 10 Pro x64 / i7 6700k / 200 GB SSD / 2TB HDD / 16 GB RAM

dylan ost

Post by dylan ost »

Thanks guys. It's just such a weird thing to me because it seems kinda like a basic thing, but that's coming from past experience with Reason. I never even noticed that feature until I started working in Cubase.

lbackblom

Post by lbackblom »

I just purchased the Cubase Artist 8,5 with the believe it would support Export / Import of Music XML. When opening the file menu this was missing even though the documentation said it could handle this format.

Any one that know more on this subject? Is the only option the to go for Cubase Pro 8.5?

Return to “General”