Last bar delete problem (tacet al fine)

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
Andre

Last bar delete problem (tacet al fine)

Post by Andre » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:11 pm

I know it's mentioned in a lot of other posts, but I still cannot get the last bar deleted. It is also marked with the text tacet al fine. I tried Trim Flow and deleting the Final barline, but nothing works. Any suggestions? (screenshot)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 12.08.34.png
(37.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Gothenburg, Sweden.
iMac 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB ram, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Cubase X 10.9.40, Dorico 3 with NotePerformer 3.2.0
Logic Pro X. EWQLSO Gold, Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra/Concert Strings 2/Concert Brass 2, etc etc...
Dutch is my native language. English 2nd, Swedish 3rd, Spanish 4th (but don't ask me to use it...)
My music and tutorials on http://www.andrevanharen.com

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Re: Last bar delete problem (tacet al fine)

Post by MarcLarcher » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Dear Andre,

As I suggested in an earlier post, this problem happens when there is an "explicit" rest in the last bar. I don't know why these appear, but deleting them (which removes the explicit property) and then applying Trim flow solves the problem usually.
OS X 10.14.6, macbook pro retina Late 2013
Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and music engraver (Dorico Pro 3.0.10, and Photoscore Ultimate 8.8.7)
French is my native language

Andre

Post by Andre » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 pm

MarcLarcher wrote:Dear Andre,

As I suggested in an earlier post, this problem happens when there is an "explicit" rest in the last bar. I don't know why these appear, but deleting them (which removes the explicit property) and then applying Trim flow solves the problem usually.
What do you mean with "explicit" rest? And I cannot select anything in this bar so I cannot delete anything either.
Gothenburg, Sweden.
Logic Pro X. EWQLSO Gold, Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra/Concert Strings 2/Concert Brass 2, etc etc...
Dutch is my native language. English 2nd, Swedish 3rd, Spanish 4th (but don't ask me to use it...)

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Post by MarcLarcher » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Choose write mode, galley view (in order not to have Tacet al fine). There you should find there is a rest in the last bar, select it and delete it. Then Trim flow
Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and music engraver (Dorico Pro 3.0.10, and Photoscore Ultimate 8.8.7)

Andre

Post by Andre » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:34 pm

MarcLarcher wrote:Choose write mode, galley view (in order not to have Tacet al fine). There you should find there is a rest in the last bar, select it and delete it. Then Trim flow
No, not possible. Tacet al fine shows also in Write mode/galley view and is not selectable there either. Using Trim Flow still doesn't do anything.
Gothenburg, Sweden.

Andre

Post by Andre » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:16 pm

OK, I figured it out. In this last bar I went into bar adding mode and typed into the box -2 (there were 2 bar too many in this tacet al fine bar). That removed those bars.
Gothenburg, Sweden.

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:13 pm

For future reference, you can disable the display of multi-bar rests (including "tacet al fine" rests) on the Players page of Layout Options, which might make it easier to tell what's going on in this kind of situation.

Haykmusic01

Re: Last bar delete problem

Post by Haykmusic01 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi,
I am German speaking... New Dorico user.
I also have the problem with the final bar which is always filled with a whole rest. Until now I found no way to delete. How can I simply delete this bar?

Greetings

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Post by MarcLarcher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 am

Write mode, write menu, trim flow...
I am french and I am learning to use the software using it in english, so that I can share with the fellow forumites and use all the information (and so far, the french localisation of the software is not accurate enough). I don't know how it comes in german, but if you don't find it, go to preferences, change the main language to english, restart Dorico and you will find it. And it is at the exact spot of its german version, so if you return to german language, you will know where it is !

Derrek

Post by Derrek » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:55 pm

And if Trim does not work, it usually means that one or more of your "empty" measures has a real rest in it. As soon as you delete that rest (I just choose the entire stack in a marquee and press the Delete key), Trim should do the trick.
Dorico 3.0.10, Finale (v26), GPO, JABB3, GWI, NotePerformer 3, CuBase Pro 10.5 newbie
Windows 10 (also Mac Mojave as alternate)
US English Keyboard

Haykmusic01

Post by Haykmusic01 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Good idea to change program language temporarely in order to find the right commands at the right place. Merci beaucoup, Marc.
Je vais essayer comme ca....

@Derrek, I will try to do so... thank you also.

Return to “Dorico”