Nuendo - won't sound external Instruments

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
SlotOneEnt

Nuendo - won't sound external Instruments

Post by SlotOneEnt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:48 am

In the past versions of Nuendo I have been able to take any external real keyboard, drum machine or midi instrument and easily map it to a rack or track instrument. Meaning that I could play a real keyboard and in real time with no latency hear the Nuendo Instrument and record my midi input. I used this frequently to record keyboard parts by playing live.

Now I can't hear a thing. I can still record the midi notes, and see all midi input activity, even on the track level, but lost all the sound. Can't her a thing on recording, but playback is fine works great. Rather useless though as I can't hear what i'm playing.

FYI - if I run a desktop / stand alone version outside Nuendo - no issue at all. For example Native Instruments B4 - all the same input setting midi to any keyboard works perfectly with no latency. But the main point is sound playing.

Anybody have this issue or know a way out?
Thanks.

Rig -- Mondo Windows 10 pro
intel i7-4790K CPU 4.0 GHz
32 GB Ram 64 bit OS
No pen or touch display

fenderchris

Re: Nuendo - won't sound external Instruments

Post by fenderchris » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:31 am

I guess you've checked this, but make sure that the VSTinstruments have been assigned outputs - go to Device Setup / VST instruments and click on the little arrow top right on the Instruments. Also ensure that the relevant output faders are not at zero.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

Windows-10 Pro 64-bit v.1903
i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram
Nuendo-7.1.40, Nuendo-8.1.10
Wavelab-Elements9.5, 2x MR816CSX, RME FireFace UFX, SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Halion-5, Halion Sonic 2, Kontakt-5, Roland V-Drums TD-20X
Cubase iC Pro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth)
Omnisphere, Trillian + loads of real instruments.

SlotOneEnt

Post by SlotOneEnt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:36 am

Ok - So all Rack Instruments and Track Instruments play what ever midi notes are available, only after I record them. While previewing or recording I cannot hear a thing, but the rig indicates that there is midi activity everywhere right down to the midi track. When recording nothing can be heard, on playback it is all there.

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Make sure that you have selected the Monitor button on the Midi track (orange arrow).

Also check what Monitoring mode you are set to. Goto File / Preferences / VST / and look at the Auto Monitoring options. Look in the Operation Manual for descriptions of the different modes.

My system is set to ' Manual ' and it works perfectly.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

Windows-10 Pro 64-bit v.1903
i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram
Nuendo-7.1.40, Nuendo-8.1.10
Wavelab-Elements9.5, 2x MR816CSX, RME FireFace UFX, SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Halion-5, Halion Sonic 2, Kontakt-5, Roland V-Drums TD-20X
Cubase iC Pro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth)
Omnisphere, Trillian + loads of real instruments.

SlotOneEnt

Post by SlotOneEnt » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:39 am

Goto File / Preferences / VST / and look at the Auto Monitoring options. Look in the Operation Manual for descriptions of the different modes.
This worked! = Thanks so much.

SlotOneEnt

Post by SlotOneEnt » Fri May 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Actually that worked for 2 seconds. now same issue. Cannot hear any live midi tracks. All midi activity is indicated on all tracks / transport controlls. No Sound at all. If I record midi, not being able to hear it on record, it always plays back ok.

SlotOneEnt

Post by SlotOneEnt » Sat May 06, 2017 1:18 am

Midi Thru need to be checked that was the issue.

Return to “General”