Auto-load last project on startup?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
amcguign

Auto-load last project on startup?

Post by amcguign »

Hi,

I've recently switched to Cubase Elements 9 from another DAW which had a very convenient option to automatically load the last project worked on, when the app opens. I can't seem to find this ability anywhere in Cubase. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !

Many thanks,
Andy

peakae
Grand Senior Member

Re: Auto-load last project on startup?

Post by peakae »

I believe that was removed around Cubase 7.
But to be fair it caused a lot of problems when you had a rogue plugin that crashed Cubase every time you started.
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

RichardTownsend

Post by RichardTownsend »

I used to enjoy that option in old Cubase versions, but now I use an AppleScript to do it. This will start Cubase without the splash screen though. Just in case you're using mac, here it is

tell application "Cubase 9" to activate
tell application "System Events"
tell process "Cubase 9"
set frontmost to true
click menu item 1 of menu of menu item "Recent Projects" of menu "File" of menu bar 1
end tell
end tell

I created an 'applet' to run this so that I have an icon to click on the desktop.
2014 MacBook Pro 15", 16Gb RAM, 500Gb SSD, 2Tb CIE Rugged External HD, BENQ GW2765 display at 2560 x 1440, Mac OS Mojave, Cubase 10.5.x, Dorico 3.x, Mytek Brooklyn DAC, NI Kontrol 6, Neumann KH120 monitors, Focal Elear phones, NI Komplete 12, Omnisphere, Kontakt libraries, Serum, Superior Drummer 3

flexionmusic

Post by flexionmusic »

If you can remember the last project (like I can) then: create a shortcut to the CPR-file and doubleclick on that ;)
Cubase 10.5 / Windows 10 64bit / UR44 / NI Komplete / Intel Core i9 octacore / 32Gb / BCR2000 / Nektar P6

dagmarpiano

Post by dagmarpiano »

RichardTownsend wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:48 pm
I used to enjoy that option in old Cubase versions, but now I use an AppleScript to do it. This will start Cubase without the splash screen though. Just in case you're using mac, here it is

tell application "Cubase 9" to activate
tell application "System Events"
tell process "Cubase 9"
set frontmost to true
click menu item 1 of menu of menu item "Recent Projects" of menu "File" of menu bar 1
end tell
end tell

I created an 'applet' to run this so that I have an icon to click on the desktop.

Wow I was trying to figure out a solution and found your script here. Quick change to "Cubase 10.5" then saved as an app which runs on Login and hey presto... last project opens on starting up the iMac. This is great, thanks so much!
MacOS Catalina | Cubase Pro 10.5.2 | 2018 iMac Pro (18-core 64GB, 4TB SSD)

Owner,
Gothic Storm Music http://www.gothic-storm.com

Return to “General”