Any news on Cubase 6 ?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Any news on Cubase 6 ?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:30 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has heard any news on the upcoming Cubase 6? It's a new year, I'm building a new sickly-fast DAW this week, I've bought some new sample libs, so I think a new Cubase 6 would complete my 2011 "newness" excitement. :D

Love Cubase 5, but I always welcome improvements in performance, workflow, and visual....which I have no doubt that the Cubase 6 will deliver on.

Codeblock

Re: Any news on Cubase 6 ?

Post by Codeblock » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:48 am

Probably be announced at NAMM

sonicstate

Post by sonicstate » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:09 am

just got this offer for C6 webinar

LIVE Webinar: Tracking, Comping and Editing Drums and Maximum Note Expression with Cubase 6.
Featured Presenter:
Greg Ondo
Steinberg

This webinar will show attendees how to utilize state-of-the-art transient and tempo detection, advanced audio quantization and drum replacement functions - developed in conjunction with recording professionals and top-notch studio drummers - for perfecting the timing, feel and flavor of live-recorded drum tracks. In addition, attendees will learn how to build the perfect take in a simple and streamlined fashion via a new Lane Track concept for lightning-fast multitake comping. When working with multitrack recordings, the new Track Edit Group(s) ties together related events on multiple tracks, saving valuable time in the studio. To round out this webinar, attendees will be introduced to VST Expression 2 - a revolutionary approach to creating and editing multiple controller values in a single graphical interface directly on the note they belong to. Invaluable for demanding orchestral arrangements as well as cutting-edge electronic music, VST Expression 2 reinvents the composer’s editing workflow.

Transient and tempo detection, advanced audio quantization and drum replacement functions
Lane Track concept for lightning-fast multi-take comping
Track Edit Groups when working with multi-track recordings
Creating and editing multiple MIDI controller values, independently, with VST Expression 2
Insane tones for your guitar - VST Amp Rack is a new reference virtual guitar tone suite, featuring seven legendary amp models, sixteen vintage stomp boxes, six classic speaker cabinets and two studio-grade microphone types.
Register today for this FREE online tutorial

About the Mix Tutorial Webinar Series

The Mix Tutorial Webcast Series is a one-of-a-kind, in-depth training program for artists, engineers and producers who want to learn more about specific products and their application in a real-world setting. Hosted by Mix editors and presented by sponsoring manufacturers, the Mix Tutorial Webcast Series goes beyond product introduction to zero in on the insider tips and techniques for technology that is in everyday use in professional audio recording, whether in studio, live or sound-for-picture.

Cubase 6 Give Away

One LIVE webinar attendee will receive SKU# 502012722 , which is a fully-featured version of Cubase 6 with an MSRP value of $599.99.

*No purchase necessary. Webinar registration and live attendance required. This giveaway is void where prohibited by law. The winner will be chosen at random by a member of the Mix editorial staff. Taxes if applicable are the responsibility of the winner. Mix is not liable for anything relating to this giveaway.

Following the presentation, Steinberg’s Greg Ondo will conduct a live Q&A session with attendees.

Register now to attend a MIX Tutorial Webcast featuring Cubase 6

About the Presenter:

Greg Ondo has worked for Steinberg for over 18 years and has done over 1,000 seminars on music software technology. During his time at Steinberg he has worked with Electronic Arts, National Public Radio, Teddy Riley, Peter Frampton, Chuck Ainlay and Elliot Scheiner. He was awarded a TEC award for his work as an audio engineer on Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival.
Cubase Pro 8.5, Win 64bit, i7-4770K @4.3GHz, ASUS Z87-K, 16Gb, RME HDSP 9652, BCF 2000, BCR 2000, Novation Launchpad Mini, M-Audio TriggerFinger, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32, Korg NanoKey, plenty outboard synths and fx, 24ch Studiomaster mixer, Yamaha NS10s, Dynaudio BM5, Samson Rubicon R8a Ribbon, etc...

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:17 am

Ok so the entire midi/audio relationship will be re-designed or is this audio specific?

Audiocave

Post by Audiocave » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:55 am

Well that's going to drive the Nuendo 5 guys batty. :lol:

Sonik

Post by Sonik » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:32 am

If this is true... It's nice, I hope! :)
MacPro 8 core 16gb HD 5770 10.11.6|Studio One 4.5|Protools 2019|Cubase Pro 10.0.30|Wavelab 9.5|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (14 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete10|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 2|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|

claurence

Post by claurence » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:57 am

On paper it looks to answer the complaints vis a vis Pro Tools -- multitrack audio quantize, comp lanes, group editing. The amp sims answer Logic's latest offering. But seriously, no improvements to Instrument Tracks for multi-out synths and MIDI sends?
Cubase 7.5, El Capitan, Steinberg UR44, Komplete 9, Spectrasonics stuff, a few other VIs.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:05 am

What are comping tracks?

It talks about grouping functions for audio but will it exist for midi also?

I know from recording audio lately that not even the container for audio parts takes the name from the track it is on.

About track lanes, will the problem of gluing laned items be "fixed" in that it puts multiple similar parts on subsequent lanes?

Audiocave

Post by Audiocave » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:34 am

claurence wrote:On paper it looks to answer the complaints vis a vis Pro Tools -- multitrack audio quantize, comp lanes, group editing. The amp sims answer Logic's latest offering. But seriously, no improvements to Instrument Tracks for multi-out synths and MIDI sends?
I'm not the biggest Cubase fan around here but I imagine that webinar isn't the entirety of the Cubase update. At least I hope not. Perhaps that's only what's covered in the Webinar. We'll probably know all of the details of the update before the Webinar even happens, if they actually announce at NAMM.

I suspect there is likely more stuff than that.

Anyway, I have no intention of updating but if you still can't move mixer channels directly I'll have a good laugh.

Sonik

Post by Sonik » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:31 am

They gonna announce 2 new products on Namm 13th January...
MacPro 8 core 16gb HD 5770 10.11.6|Studio One 4.5|Protools 2019|Cubase Pro 10.0.30|Wavelab 9.5|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (14 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete10|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 2|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:51 am

Audiocave wrote:...if you still can't move mixer channels directly I'll have a good laugh.
Good point.

I've always wondered why it's not all reflective regardless of view so that if you change the order of tracks vertically, it is reflected horizontally in the mixer but how that would be implemented is anyones' guess.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 am

We need a 'Cubase 6' Teaser video at Steinberg.net :lol:
Cubase Pro 9 , Groove Agent 4, Halion 6, Halion Sonic 3, Padshop Pro, RND Portico EQ & Compressor, Wavelab Pro 9, The Grand 3, Antelope Audio Goliath, Antelope Audio Pure2., Windows 8.1 Pro

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:53 am

Yes whatever happened to those instructional videos being uploaded at the old forum, they were very helpful at least conceptually. :geek:

fastlane

Post by fastlane » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 am

Spotted this......... It's look the real deal to me :)
Emeraz
FastLane Studio

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:09 am

Got a larger version fastlane?

fastlane

Post by fastlane » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:28 am

face.saver wrote:Got a larger version fastlane?
This one was posted on Gearslutz and I've search for a larger one but no luck. Sorry
Emeraz
FastLane Studio

sonicstate

Post by sonicstate » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 pm

ye, this small one was included in webinar offer.

And there was also photo of the box of new c6 - new design. Box is still white/blue, but blue is in circle now, with no. 6 in it. ;)
Cubase Pro 8.5, Win 64bit, i7-4770K @4.3GHz, ASUS Z87-K, 16Gb, RME HDSP 9652, BCF 2000, BCR 2000, Novation Launchpad Mini, M-Audio TriggerFinger, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32, Korg NanoKey, plenty outboard synths and fx, 24ch Studiomaster mixer, Yamaha NS10s, Dynaudio BM5, Samson Rubicon R8a Ribbon, etc...

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:06 pm

We need fxp/fxb-conversion, onboard sampler, new all-in-one-view mixer with free routings, and improved instrument-tracks!!!

+1 !!!
Last edited by Centralmusic on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

fastlane

Post by fastlane » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:24 pm

sonicstate wrote:
ye, this small one was included in webinar offer.

And there was also photo of the box of new c6 - new design. Box is still white/blue, but blue is in circle now, with no. 6 in it. ;)

Dude, the box..... who cares....... I mean.......... nothing to do with the software.........

Can you post a pic, please ;)
Emeraz
FastLane Studio

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Box?

Make it online already!

The dman

Post by The dman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I don't get that excited about new releases but this is just the kind of stuff I was hoping for.
Cubase 8.5.15 x64 Windows 10 Home
ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3/ i72600k / G.SKILL Ripjaw (4 x 4GB)/SeaSonic X750 Gold PSU/ RME HDSP 9652 / UAD2Quad// Alphatrack/ Alesis HD24XR

http://www.woodstockschoolofmusic.com/

http://www.davedaltonmusic.com

Tones2

Post by Tones2 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:59 pm

If we don't get moveable frozen parts, my head is going to pop off. :evil:
Tony

I still want to move frozen VSTi parts, even in the new forum!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 pm

You might get your movable frozen parts but in a different form than you may expect, if the Track Edit Groups also apply to MIDI.

sonicstate

Post by sonicstate » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Is it possible to get some info from Steinberg Team about C6?

Some indirect info is out already.
I hate speculations what will be and what not...

Webinar on C6 new features will be going on in 20 days.

A list of features would be really nice!

Bacizone

Post by Bacizone » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Here it is: Cubase 6 is coming - http://bit.ly/e0jTCB

Looks like competing with ProTools... but unfortunately not with Logic, at least by first sight.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”