can't reactivate cubase on new computer

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
charlshester

can't reactivate cubase on new computer

Post by charlshester » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:53 am

hi there!

I am having an obscene amount of difficulty attempting to reactivate my copy of Cubase Elements on my new computer. I do not know how to describe exactly what's going on but suffice to say the reactivation process through MySteinberg has proved very unsuccessful for me - no matter what serial numbers I enter from soft eLicensers new & old, no matter what old product activation codes I enter, always an error in that red-coloured text. I was hoping that since I have, I'm quite sure, all the necessary codes, account details, etc, someone may be to help me. it's quite important to me.

thanks ahead & kind regards,
Charles

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Re: can't reactivate cubase on new computer

Post by svennilenni » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:39 am

Surely a good idea would be to post what the red error message says

gugbenyo

Post by gugbenyo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 am

I am also having this issues.
I cant reinstall on my new computer
charlshester wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:53 am
hi there!

I am having an obscene amount of difficulty attempting to reactivate my copy of Cubase Elements on my new computer. I do not know how to describe exactly what's going on but suffice to say the reactivation process through MySteinberg has proved very unsuccessful for me - no matter what serial numbers I enter from soft eLicensers new & old, no matter what old product activation codes I enter, always an error in that red-coloured text. I was hoping that since I have, I'm quite sure, all the necessary codes, account details, etc, someone may be to help me. it's quite important to me.

thanks ahead & kind regards,
Charles

charlshester

Post by charlshester » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:19 am

upon entering the eLicenser serial number from my new computer I am told that there are 'no products found on this eLicenser', while if I attempt to enter the old serial number from the eLicenser on my old computer, I get; 'This eLicenser number has already been registered by another user.'

If I try to enter the download access codes that I used to activate my copy of cubase, I get 'The eLicenser assigned to this Activation Code was already registered by another user.'

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:06 pm

charlshester wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:19 am
upon entering the eLicenser serial number from my new computer I am told that there are 'no products found on this eLicenser', while if I attempt to enter the old serial number from the eLicenser on my old computer, I get; 'This eLicenser number has already been registered by another user.'
And you are doing that in the reactivation area of your mySteinberg account? And your previous registration is shown there?

charlshester

Post by charlshester » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm

no, I don't believe I ever used 'MySteinberg' before to register my copy of cubase - think I just used the code straight into the eLicenser

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:27 pm

charlshester wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm
no, I don't believe I ever used 'MySteinberg' before to register my copy of cubase - think I just used the code straight into the eLicenser
Well. Then you should learn about that first.

charlshester

Post by charlshester » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:05 am

Christ, you guys are helpful. I've spent enough hours reading through all that. Can someone please just give me an email address for support?

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:54 am

Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

charlshester

Post by charlshester » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 pm

cool, thankyou!

Return to “General”