Audio Export Locator Weirdness

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
smartassmusic

Audio Export Locator Weirdness

Post by smartassmusic »

Hi
I'm experiencing a weird issue (Cubase 9.5 pro) when I go to export audio - the left locator moves no matter what I set it to.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?
I have the project set up with a 4 bar offset (Bar -4,-3,-2,-1, 0) and I want to export from bar 1 to whatever (About bar 150).
I select a section from bar 1 to the end - the cursors are correct but when I bring up the audio mixdown dialogue the left locator moves to bar -3 (!!!) Why?
It's important as I'm exporting stems and a click track so they all need to line up from bar 1.
Pianist, Arranger
Windows 10 i7, 32GB RAM, Cubase Pro 9, Sibelius 8.5,
Windows 10 i7, 8GB, Dorico

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Audio Export Locator Weirdness

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

I cannot reproduce it here. I tried a project with 4 Bars offset, and set the L locator to Bar +1, and export. The Left locator is kept on Bar +1.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Jaap78

Post by Jaap78 »

I experience the same issue (user since Cubase 6) with Cubase 10 PRO. Normally I set the locators and it exports everything between the locators, but as soon as I hit the export it automatically arranges the locators to match the length of the data inside the project window. While that sometimes can be a nice thing, I actually want to export sometimes outside or inside that range.

The workaround for me is that as soon as I hit audio export and the locators set, I drag them again to the good position while the audio export window stays open. But it's an annoying thing and did not happen befeore version 10.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Jaap78 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:16 am
I experience the same issue (user since Cubase 6) with Cubase 10 PRO. Normally I set the locators and it exports everything between the locators, but as soon as I hit the export it automatically arranges the locators to match the length of the data inside the project window. While that sometimes can be a nice thing, I actually want to export sometimes outside or inside that range.

The workaround for me is that as soon as I hit audio export and the locators set, I drag them again to the good position while the audio export window stays open. But it's an annoying thing and did not happen befeore version 10.
Hi and welcome,

How do you trigger Audio Export Mixdown window? Do you go via menu, or do you have a Key Command, or...?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Jaap78

Post by Jaap78 »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:48 am
Jaap78 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:16 am

Hi and welcome,

How do you trigger Audio Export Mixdown window? Do you go via menu, or do you have a Key Command, or...?
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the welcome :) and yes I trigger it with a key command indeed. I checked what happens if I remove the key command and it worked then without problems. I assigned again the key command I use and now it keeps working ok. Hopefully it stays like that!

Return to “Issues”