Audio recording problem

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Groutfinger

Audio recording problem

Post by Groutfinger »

I seem to be a bit blind in where my audio is being stored. Ive just recorded some vocals on a project which is been ongoing for a year and the audio has ended up on another hard drive. I can not find how to set up the audio so it records to the correct hard drive and correct folder. I have even started to lose audio which has disappeared from the pool?

Many thanks,

mac

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: Audio recording problem

Post by thinkingcap »

Groutfinger wrote:I seem to be a bit blind in where my audio is being stored. Ive just recorded some vocals on a project which is been ongoing for a year and the audio has ended up on another hard drive. I can not find how to set up the audio so it records to the correct hard drive and correct folder. I have even started to lose audio which has disappeared from the pool?

Many thanks,

mac
Your recorded audio is stored in the project's audio folder which Cubase asks you to define before you actually create the project. Unless you define a different recording folder per track, or have set the project assistant to auto select the project folder. If you lose audio from the pool, you probably moved / renamed the folder or files outside Cubase, which might be a result of your missing knowledge about Cubase's file handling.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Groutfinger

Post by Groutfinger »

Its probly because this particular session has been going for a year. Ill try an start a new session and copy and paste the projects see if that works. Many thanks.

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

Do a backup project, this will create a new project folder with everything in it for you.
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

ffg

Post by ffg »

In the Pool, use Archive to transfer any audio files in which may be on other drives/folders.
best wishes

David

I'm going to to let the situation mature...

Nuendo 10.3
Cubase 10.5
MacPro 3.3 6-core OSX 10.12
Macbook Pro OSX 10.14
RME Fireface 802
RME Fireface 800
Audient ID14

Return to “Older Cubase versions”