Licence transfer from e-licenser? No fix - but fixed!

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
jobu

Licence transfer from e-licenser? No fix - but fixed!

Post by jobu » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Well, I can't use my Sequel 3 on my desktop comp, so I want to use it on my laptop (which is running win7).

To the question:
Can I transfer the sequel 3 licence onto a regular USB-stick or do I have to buy one USB-dongle more. I have Cubase etc on the desktop, so I can't move the dongle itself.
Last edited by jobu on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dual Core 2x2,6Ghz , 2GB RAM , WinXP SP3 , Cubase 6.5 , WaveLab 7.2.1, Sequel 3, Melodyne Editor 2.0 and various software from IKMultimedia, SonicCharge and MeldaProduction.
Enjoy music, enjoy life!

JHP

Re: Licence transfer from e-licenser?

Post by JHP » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 am

jobu wrote:Well, I can't use my Sequel 3 on my desktop comp, so I want to use it on my laptop (which is running win7).

To the question:
Can I transfer the sequel 3 licence onto a regular USB-stick or do I have to buy one USB-dongle more. I have Cubase etc on the desktop, so I can't move the dongle itself.
No, indeed you can only transfer a license to a USB- eLicenser and not to a USB stick.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

jobu

Post by jobu » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Thank you for the answer.

So I went to my local Steiberg dealer and ask for a USB-elicenser stick, and explained what I wanted to do wit h it. I said:
I want to transfer the Sequel license to another stick so I could use Sequel3 on my laptop, and leave the rest of my licenses (Cubase 6, WaveLab7 and more) on the original stick so I could continue to run my Cubase etc on my desktop comp.
The man in the shop answered:
You can't transfer only one license to another stick. :shock: :o :( So I went out with nothing but confusion, cause I thought that it was possible.

What am I to believe? Have I bought a useless Sequel3 license (I don't blame anyone but myself) just because I loaded it onto an XP mashine in the first place, or is the dealer wrong?

Explisit answer will be much apreciated! :)
Dual Core 2x2,6Ghz , 2GB RAM , WinXP SP3 , Cubase 6.5 , WaveLab 7.2.1, Sequel 3, Melodyne Editor 2.0 and various software from IKMultimedia, SonicCharge and MeldaProduction.
Enjoy music, enjoy life!

JHP

Post by JHP » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:54 pm

jobu wrote:Thank you for the answer.

So I went to my local Steiberg dealer and ask for a USB-elicenser stick, and explained what I wanted to do wit h it. I said:
I want to transfer the Sequel license to another stick so I could use Sequel3 on my laptop, and leave the rest of my licenses (Cubase 6, WaveLab7 and more) on the original stick so I could continue to run my Cubase etc on my desktop comp.
The man in the shop answered:
You can't transfer only one license to another stick. :shock: :o :( So I went out with nothing but confusion, cause I thought that it was possible.

What am I to believe? Have I bought a useless Sequel3 license (I don't blame anyone but myself) just because I loaded it onto an XP mashine in the first place, or is the dealer wrong?

Explisit answer will be much apreciated! :)
You can transfer more then one license to another eLicenser.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

jobu

Post by jobu » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Well, Thank you.
That's waht I thought, and what I've now have done. That is; I've transfered the Sequel 3 licence to a new eLicenser stick (which I've got two days ago).

I've also installed Sequel 2 and Sequel 3 Upgrade to my laptop (OS: win 7), and then inserted my dongle. Loaded the activation code (which I also used for the desktop in the first place where it didn't work because of OS: winXP) into the License controlcenter's "activation slot". The eLCC accepted and recognised the code, but when I finnish the process of activation, it says that there is no license to activate on the dongle. ????

I went to my "my steinberg" page and there it looks like everything is ok with the dongle as far as I can see.

I can open the Sequel 3 program and run the demoproject ok, but it says that my program version is a demo and will expire in 30 days.

Where do I go from here, to get my allready payed version to appear on my laptop?

I'm very confused now.
:(
Enjoy music, enjoy life!

JHP

Post by JHP » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 am

You have two eLicensers. On one of them you have transferred your Sequel 3 license.

Make sure that you have your Sequel 3 eLicenser connected to the system on which you would like to use Sequel 3.
Open the eLicenser Control Center to check if the eLicenser with the Sequel 3 license has been correctly detected .

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

jobu

Post by jobu » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:50 pm

JHP wrote:You have two eLicensers. On one of them you have transferred your Sequel 3 license.
Yes.
Make sure that you have your Sequel 3 eLicenser connected to the system on which you would like to use Sequel 3.
I've done that, as I said in my previous post.
Open the eLicenser Control Center to check if the eLicenser with the Sequel 3 license has been correctly detected.
That's the problem.
when I open the eLicencser control center, the license is there, but when I try to activate (clicking the activatio button and insert my actvation code) , then I got the message that there is no license to activate. When I close message window the license has disappeared. I don't know what's causing this but it seems like there is a mismatch of some sort between the license and the Sequel3 installation I've got, and the activation code. I've done a reinstallation of the sequel, but no joy.

I've a long time user of Cubase (1995) and WaveLab (2001), and never experienced any problems with installation, activation and updates before. But this is the first time I've done a license transfer from a dongle to another.

At "my steinberg" my full Srquel3 license is registered.
:( :( :(
Enjoy music, enjoy life!

JHP

Post by JHP » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:25 pm

jobu wrote:at's the problem.
when I open the eLicencser control center, the license is there, but when I try to activate (clicking the activatio button and insert my actvation code) , then I got the message that there is no license to activate. When I close message window the license has disappeared. I don't know what's causing this but it seems like there is a mismatch of some sort between the license and the Sequel3 installation I've got, and the activation code. I've done a reinstallation of the sequel, but no joy.

I've a long time user of Cubase (1995) and WaveLab (2001), and never experienced any problems with installation, activation and updates before. But this is the first time I've done a license transfer from a dongle to another.

At "my steinberg" my full Srquel3 license is registered.
:( :( :(
You do not have to enter the activation code again. Of course you will receive a message that the activation code has already been used.

Everything is ok if the license is detected.
What happens if you start Sequel 3?

If you receive any error message it is important to post the exact wording here.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

jobu

Post by jobu » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:38 pm

JHP wrote:Everything is ok if the license is detected.
Well, Is it detected? It should not disappear, even if I did enter the activation code unnecessary.
What happens if you start Sequel 3?
It says I'm running a demo, 25 days left today? But I have paid for a full license.
If you receive any error message it is important to post the exact wording here.
No error mesagte when starting the demo-sequel, but after loading ok, the following message appear:
No lincense for extended content detected.
Enjoy music, enjoy life!

JHP

Post by JHP » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Login to your MySteinberg account, click on Support Request Form and send a screenshot of your opened eLicenser Control Center to support. Also explain your problem to them.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

jobu

Post by jobu » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Only after a complete uninstallation of Sequel 3 files and removing everything from my HD, even the downloaded exe-files and sample content files, and thereafter doing it all from scratch it is working as intended.

Still don't know what the cause of this is, tho.
Enjoy music, enjoy life!

JHP

Post by JHP » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 am

jobu wrote:Only after a complete uninstallation of Sequel 3 files and removing everything from my HD, even the downloaded exe-files and sample content files, and thereafter doing it all from scratch it is working as intended.

Still don't know what the cause of this is, tho.
Ok, nice that is works now

Greetings,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

Return to “Sequel”