GRID SNAP question

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
FlakMT

GRID SNAP question

Post by FlakMT » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Hey vets.

So I have this one old project I went into today and in that project I can't get the recorded blocks to snap to the grid :oops: . I am overlooking something simple, right? I recorded my desktop to show what I am talking about:

https://youtu.be/fHKQ6iiP9MA

I'd appreciate quick help.
Matt

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Re: GRID SNAP question

Post by Grim » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:38 pm

i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

FlakMT

Post by FlakMT » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:19 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. After reading the page of the manual, I now know how to adjust the snap point of an event manually.

Is there a general setting to deactivate in-event snap points or an option that hinders the creation of in-event snap points? And what created those snap points anyway? I recorded just like always, wanting the regular start-of-event snap.

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Snap points are always created but should by default be at start of event.
Maybe you accidentally used the snap point to cursor command or maybe it's a bug with project transfer between versions.

No, you can't disable or hinder it but unless you assigned a key command to snap point to cursor you shouldn't be triggering it.
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

Struart B

Audio Event SNAP question

Post by Struart B » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi
I have Cubase 8.5 pro and I have a similar "Snap event point" issue - THE "S" BOX in my Audio files
For some reason the Snap point goes to the END of the audio sample, in fact past the end so it cannot be seen without dragging the "End point" forward
I NEVER set the snap to the END and want it to always be at the start of every Audio piece
It has cost me a few days frustration to work out why my Audio would quantise to the wrong place
So why are my "S" points going to the end by themselves and how do I prevent it please ?
Many thanks
Stuart B
Stuart B
Ibiza

Return to “General”