Zoom UAC-2 Sample Rate

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
MrBump

Zoom UAC-2 Sample Rate

Post by MrBump » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:50 am

Hi all - I'm a new user of Cubase (have used Cakewalk Sonar, Reaper, lots of others for years).

This isn't really a Cubase question though, it's just to talk though an issue I'm having with my Audio Interface.

Windows 10 (i7 CPU, 16GB RAM)
Zoom UAC-2 USB3 Interface

When I go to SOUND in the operating system, and select the UAC-2 as the line input (or the output for that matter), I'm only presented with sample rates of 44100, nothing else. I get 16 or 24 bit options.

When I select the onboard sound device (generic motherboard card), I get a full range of sample rates, up to 192x.

Am I missing something really obvious? I don't think this is controlled by Cubase. All drivers are up to date.

Cheers.

Mark.

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Zoom UAC-2 Sample Rate

Post by Prock » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Have you checked in the UAC-2 MixEfx software (or maybe in the UAC driver control panel if there is one)? Maybe it is set there to a fixed rate.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

MrBump

Post by MrBump » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 am

Thanks - I believe it's actually Cubase that dictates the sample rate to the soundcard - when I look at this in the DAW, I get the error that the driver is locked by another program.

I've killed off any processes that might be using the sound card...

Any ideas?

Mark.

MrBump

Post by MrBump » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm

OK, resolved - managed at least to change the sample rate in Reaper, which seemed to unblock something on the UAC-2, and enable me to change the sample rate in Cubase.

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”