pick and choose midi input routing

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
0db

pick and choose midi input routing

Post by 0db » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 am

currently, I can choose between 'All MIDI Inputs' or one of the multiple MIDI input devices that I have. I would like to be able to choose one or more of the individual devices without choosing 'All MIDI Inputs'.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: pick and choose midi input routing

Post by raino » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:53 pm

Are you aware that in this context "all" doesn't really mean every existing input.

In Studio/Studio Setup/MIDI Setup you can select which MIDI Inputs are used and which ones are not used when you select "All"
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

0db

Re: pick and choose midi input routing

Post by 0db » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:38 am

Thanks raino. I was not aware of that. that is useful information and will be quite beneficial. I think this fixed my immediate issue which was that my surface controller was selected in 'All MIDI Inputs' and touching faders and the transport would send midi signals to my track. I haven't thought this through all the way, but this is a global setting. Seems like it would be nice to be able to configure this on a per track basis.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”