plug and play midi devices

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
tubular2000

plug and play midi devices

Post by tubular2000 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:02 pm

hi, from the english manual page 20, i see that i should be able to plug my midi controller in while cubase is running, no need to restart. but it doesn't work for me. is there a setting somewhere to activate that functionality?

i'm running cubase 9.5 on a new dell xps15 (windows 10), using a korg nanokontrol studio.

if i turn on the controller before i open cubase it work fine, but i can't turn it on if cubase is open, it doesn't show up in the midi port setup window

thanks

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: plug and play midi devices

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi and welcome,

There is no dedicated settings for this. It should work with all MIDI device. Does nanoKontrol use any dedicated software? Does it create a virtual MIDI Port?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

tubular2000

Post by tubular2000 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:46 pm

i use the korg midi usb driver. i have installed midi ox to do some testing. and it is the same thing, i have to turn on the keyboard before i load midi ox. if i turn it on before i open cubase, ounce cubase is open i can turn it off and back on, no problem. it does the same thing in bitwig, so i guess it is a windows/driver issue.

tubular2000

Post by tubular2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:23 am

ok, FYI, i just installed the korg bluetooth driver and i can hot connect my controller wirelessly with no issue. so i'm going to go wireless for now.

Return to “General”