New user question

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
SF1

New user question

Post by SF1 »

Hi I've recently installed 9.5 with success about a week ago,and when I went back to it yesterday I can't not hear any sound now, I can see my midi signal fine, but still no sound, I've tried retracing all of my steps as far as driver's, and my other hardware that I'm currently using such as my presonus ar16,and my Nektar panorama P4, maybe when I first installed it a week ago I forget to save certain settings, but I really don't think that's the issue, I'm a PC user and currently using Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: New user question

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi and welcome,

Where are your MIDI tracks routed to? What is the output of the MIDI tracks? MIDI doesn't produce any sound by itself. Some sound generator does it (HW or VSTi).
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

SF1

Post by SF1 »

Yes hi and thank you for your response, I understand that midi doesn't produce sound I am now getting sound from my VST Halion, but still when I choose different sounds go down to previewing the different sounds Im still only get sound from one piano and my outputs keep saying not connected and I am getting total latency from the sound that I can use. I'm all screwed up with my routing thank you and please get back to me when you can

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm totally confused now, where the problem is.

I would recommend you to go thru the Quick Start video tutorials on the official Steinberg YouTube channel.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

planarchist

Post by planarchist »

SF1 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:40 pm
Yes hi and thank you for your response, I understand that midi doesn't produce sound I am now getting sound from my VST Halion, but still when I choose different sounds go down to previewing the different sounds Im still only get sound from one piano and my outputs keep saying not connected and I am getting total latency from the sound that I can use. I'm all screwed up with my routing thank you and please get back to me when you can
Confused here too, other than Martin's wise suggestion of checking out some getting started videos, which outputs are saying they're not connected?
Nic

Cubase Pro 10.5, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, RME Digiface, Behringer ADA8200, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 10.5. Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit , Steinberg CI2+.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 2.5 iPad Mini 4 64GB

My Cubase recorded songs here (also on most other streaming services).... https://open.spotify.com/artist/6rHmZY1IPskvtYL1Zzw6Vy

matjones

Post by matjones »

MS synth enabled by any chance?

Studio/Studio setup/MIDI Port Setup and see if the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth checkbox is ticked.... it shouldn't be.... i say this because you mention there is a constant piano sound...
Cubase 10.5.12 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ (3.7) 5GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel/Fusion, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Neve 8801/8803, Loads of plugs, WL10, Melodyne Studio 5, Arturia VC7, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG, Austrian Audio, Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

SF1

Post by SF1 »

Thanks for all your help guys and sorry to be so confusing, there are some things that need some adjusting. There are quite a few steps I've missed with the initial setup I've watched numerous videos on this, on YouTube and they weren't specific, but for some reason I forgot about the ones on the Steinberg website which basically gets right to the point of most issues I that I talked about on my previous posts, I will watch them and let you guys know how I make out afterwards, can't believe I did that. thank you all...

Return to “General”